The Lecturer/Instructor shall have the primary responsibility for
supporting the Division of Continuing Education and Professional
Studies in maximizing the University’s operating performance while
achieving institutional goals and objectives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Design course syllabi, lecture videos, weekly quizzes,
discussion forum, and exams
- Deliver course materials and learning assessments in the online
- Utilize innovative classroom techniques and methodologies that
involve students in challenging learning opportunities;
- Prepares class sessions and assignments to help students grasp
course content and how it integrates with overall student learning
outcomes for the course
- Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course
objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects,
discussions, or examinations; provide feedback in a timely manner
on student progress
- Maintain records of enrollment and attendance, assessments and
grades, submit class rosters and grade sheets by the deadlines
established by the University
- Meet with the Dean or Program Chair as needed to discuss all
aspects of the course including student progress and curriculum
development (may be required to provide input into program
- Undertake monitoring and assessment of student's course work,
project work, and examinations, and maintain up-to-date and
accurate records of their progress and achievement.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or
deemed appropriate to the accomplishments of the responsibilities
and functions of the Human Resources department.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- Current knowledge of the relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching adult learners.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring
- Ability to respond to the needs of learners from a variety of
educational backgrounds in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to deliver course outcomes and content through a
variety of teaching/learning styles.
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Good organizational skills and timeliness in responding to
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal
relationships with students and colleagues.
- For online teaching, experience with teaching fully online or
in a hybrid format.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level
of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills. Practical interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important, as well as dependability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing or walking for
more than four (4) hours per day.
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree with 3 years of
experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities
specified OR certification in the field with a minimum of 7 years
experience related to the specific field.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and knowledge and understanding
of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience. In
addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity