Adjunct Faculty | Lecturer/Instructor of Digital Marketing
The Lecturer/Instructor shall have the primary responsibility for supporting the Division of Continuing Education and Professional Studies in maximizing the University’s operating performance while achieving institutional goals and objectives.
- Design course syllabi, lecture videos, weekly quizzes, discussion forum, and exams
- Deliver course materials and learning assessments in the online format
- Utilize innovative classroom techniques and methodologies that involve students in challenging learning opportunities;
- Prepares class sessions and assignments to help students grasp course content and how it integrates with overall student learning outcomes for the course
- Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions, or examinations; provide feedback in a timely manner on student progress
- Maintain records of enrollment and attendance, assessments and grades, submit class rosters and grade sheets by the deadlines established by the University
- Meet with the Dean or Program Chair as needed to discuss all aspects of the course including student progress and curriculum development (may be required to provide input into program development)
- Undertake monitoring and assessment of student's course work, project work, and examinations, and maintain up-to-date and accurate records of their progress and achievement.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or deemed appropriate to the accomplishments of the responsibilities and functions of the Human Resources department.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Current knowledge of the relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching adult learners.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring students.
- Ability to respond to the needs of learners from a variety of educational backgrounds in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to deliver course outcomes and content through a variety of teaching/learning styles.
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Good organizational skills and timeliness in responding to student inquiries.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with students and colleagues.
- For online teaching, experience with teaching fully online or in a hybrid format.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Practical interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important, as well as dependability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified OR certification in the field with a minimum of 7 years experience related to the specific field.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience. In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Communications Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Speech & Rhetoric Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens