Instructional Designer II
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
The purpose of this position is to provide curriculum and instructional design and assistance to instructional divisions and faculty, particularly when the designs will be implemented and delivered online (eLearning), completely or in part. These projects may relate directly to curriculum and course development, course evaluation based on best practices defined by Quality Matters or other related and college adopted guideline, faculty and student user training, and user support systems. This position requires flexibility to work weekends and evenings as needed to provide training and support.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Employs instructional and media design concepts to provide materials and services in all aspects of the development and implementation of online teaching and learning.
- Consults with and provides individualized, continuous instructional and technical support to faculty in the integration of instructional technologies through activities and workshops.
- Collaborates with faculty, staff and other members of the instructional design team in planning, designing, documenting and training on a wide range of instructional resources and projects related to the enhancement of online teaching and learning.
- Plans and develops developmental resources and activities.
- Evaluates and employs emerging technologies, instructional design concepts and best practices.
- Identifies training improvement opportunities based on surveys, faculty and student feedback and focus groups.
- Designs and delivers orientation, training and technical support to faculty and students.
- Assists the College through participation in various planning and advisory committees as assigned.
- Works in a team-centered environment.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional/Educational Technology, Curriculum and Instruction or related field is required. A minimum of one-year full-time experience designing and developing courses for post-secondary education or in a corporate setting is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of instructional design methodologies, pedagogical issues and best practices for classroom, online and hybrid learning
- Knowledge of processes and standards for planning and implementing instructional design and development
- Knowledge of instructional strategies, curriculum standards and assessments
- High level of competency with online learning technologies and resources, content creation, learning management systems and web meeting communication
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong ability to establish and maintaining effective working relationships
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems for technical applications
- Ability to employ best practices and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance to online/hybrid courses and materials
- Must be able to work nights and weekends-as needed.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check
All application materials must be upload and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: April 08, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: May 07, 2021 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene