Adjunct Faculty | CEPS Instructor for Digital Marketing
The Adjunct Faculty shall have the primary responsibility to play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. Deliver in a professional manner course content for the assigned course(s) as specified by the master syllabus and as directed by the appropriate Director of Continuing Education& Professional Studies.
Adjunct Faculty must be knowledgeable about industry trends in digital marketing and able to share your own personal insight with students. Adept at inspiring diverse groups of learners and genuinely help groups of learners acquire technical skills, behavioral skills, mindsets, and provide employment coaching that will make them valuable employees in the tech sector.
- Deliver engaging online synchronous modules to a diverse group of learners and guiding them in their asynchronous (independent learning) modules.
- Host live video conferences 2-3 times/day for 50 students, with the support of two Teaching Assistants.
- Deliver all technical, behavioral, mindset, and employment essential lessons.
- Adapt communication style to reﬂect and connect with the diverse experiences of participants.
- Work with Teaching Assistants to deliver high-quality, personalized learning experiences for participants.
- Administer, grade, and provide feedback on weekly assessments.
- Support Generation’s data-driven model by tracking and inputting (in Salesforce/ Canvas) participant attendance and performance in class and on assessments.
- Bring the learning experience to life, building community, and enhance relevance by drawing on your own industry experience.
- Provide relevant, timely feedback to students on formative and summative assessments and student projects.
- Explain complex topics in a non-technical way.
- Coach and guide students to be as employable as possible and support them to develop industry-standard portfolios.
- Commit to and empathize with young/mid-career people and disconnected populations
- Be available to instruct, host office hours, and grade student work from 9a -5p, Monday-Friday.
- Engage in Generation sponsored professional development and training weekly.
- Engage in daily office hours for students.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 2 years professional experience in Digital Marketing or similar.
- Passion for helping change the life trajectories of unemployed and/or at-risk youth.
- At least 2 years teaching/facilitation experience required; experience with digital/e-learning preferred.
- Ability to teach the content to a young adult population with little previous technical experience.
- Ability to collect and analyze participant data that will influence participant interactions.
- Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from participants and the program team.
- Has a comprehensive grasp of the area of academic study.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits a commitment to promoting academic excellence in students.
- Demonstrates a high level of self-discipline and self-motivation.
- Demonstrated confirmation of teaching effectiveness, exceptional oral and written communication skills, evidence of, and potential for scholarships.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important, as well as dependability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Certification in GAIQ (Google Analytics Individual Qualification) and Facebook Blueprint.
- Experience teaching adults and/or extensive knowledge of current trends and issues in adult education.
- Ability to comfortably navigate new technologies (e.g., Generation App, Canvas, university LMS).
- Experience working with LMS.
- High level of comfort about communicating to large and small groups of people and have a desire to coach and guide learners in an empathetic manner.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience. In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Communications Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Digital Media Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Speech & Rhetoric Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens