The Adjunct Faculty shall have the primary responsibility to play
an active role in FMU's existing academic success. Deliver in a
professional manner course content for the assigned course(s) as
specified by the master syllabus and as directed by the appropriate
Director of Continuing Education& Professional Studies.
Adjunct Faculty must be knowledgeable about industry trends in
digital marketing and able to share your own personal insight with
students. Adept at inspiring diverse groups of learners and
genuinely help groups of learners acquire technical skills,
behavioral skills, mindsets, and provide employment coaching that
will make them valuable employees in the tech sector.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deliver engaging online synchronous modules to a diverse
group of learners and guiding them in their asynchronous
(independent learning) modules.
- Host live video conferences 2-3 times/day for 50 students, with
the support of two Teaching Assistants.
- Deliver all technical, behavioral, mindset, and employment
- Adapt communication style to reﬂect and connect with the
diverse experiences of participants.
- Work with Teaching Assistants to deliver high-quality,
personalized learning experiences for participants.
- Administer, grade, and provide feedback on weekly
- Support Generation’s data-driven model by tracking and
inputting (in Salesforce/ Canvas) participant attendance and
performance in class and on assessments.
- Bring the learning experience to life, building community, and
enhance relevance by drawing on your own industry experience.
- Provide relevant, timely feedback to students on formative and
summative assessments and student projects.
- Explain complex topics in a non-technical way.
- Coach and guide students to be as employable as possible and
support them to develop industry-standard portfolios.
- Commit to and empathize with young/mid-career people and
- Be available to instruct, host office hours, and grade student
work from 9a -5p, Monday-Friday.
- Engage in Generation sponsored professional development and
- Engage in daily office hours for students.
- At least 2 years professional experience in Digital Marketing
- Passion for helping change the life trajectories of unemployed
and/or at-risk youth.
- At least 2 years teaching/facilitation experience required;
experience with digital/e-learning preferred.
- Ability to teach the content to a young adult population with
little previous technical experience.
- Ability to collect and analyze participant data that will
influence participant interactions.
- Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from participants
and the program team.
- Has a comprehensive grasp of the area of academic study.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication
- Exhibits a commitment to promoting academic excellence in
- Demonstrates a high level of self-discipline and
- Demonstrated confirmation of teaching effectiveness,
exceptional oral and written communication skills, evidence of, and
potential for scholarships.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important, as well as dependability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and walking for
more than four (4) hours per day.
- Certification in GAIQ (Google Analytics Individual
Qualification) and Facebook Blueprint.
- Experience teaching adults and/or extensive knowledge of
current trends and issues in adult education.
- Ability to comfortably navigate new technologies (e.g.,
Generation App, Canvas, university LMS).
- Experience working with LMS.
- High level of comfort about communicating to large and small
groups of people and have a desire to coach and guide learners in
an empathetic manner.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and knowledge and understanding
of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience. In
addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity