University Code 35221 University Title Student Services Specialist 1 University Job Family Student Services ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Access Specialist Position Number 592220 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Student Accessibility And Edu Opportu Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities:
The Access Specialist wills serve as one of the primary student support professionals in the The Office of Student Accessibility and Educational Opportunity ( SAEO ). The purpose of this position is to engage in an ongoing interactive process with students to approve and facilitate the provision of reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities and/or chronic health conditions to ensure equal access and promote success. Specific job duties include, but are not limited to:
· Engaging in an interactive and ongoing process to determine reasonable accommodations for a case load of student seeking disability-related supports.
· Providing holistic support to address the needs of students with disabilities and chronic health conditions.
· Working with students to develop and improve in areas including managing transitions, college-readiness, self-advocacy, and wellness.
· Collaborating with university faculty and staff to ensure equal access and promote successful student outcomes.
· Supervising one graduate-level student serving as SAEO Learning Specialist.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social work, Higher Education Administration or related field.
• 2+ years direct experience working with students with disabilities in an educational setting
• Working knowledge and/or field experience interpreting and applying the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
• Experience reading and interpreting psychological, psychiatric, medical, and educational documentation.
• Demonstrated ability to determine eligibility for reasonable accommodations in an academic setting.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Master’s degree in Psychology, Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social work Higher Education Administration or related field.
• Experience working with students with disabilities in a higher ed setting.
• Familiarity with educational and assistive technologies related to accessibility.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range 44000 - 45500 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Job Open Date 04/08/2021 Posting will close on or before 05/07/2021 Open Until Filled No Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104954 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Counsellor Education Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond