MOSDOH - Senior Administrative Assistant
A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-MOSDOH) is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant on the Kirksville, Missouri, campus. The senior administrative assistant reports to the Vice Dean, Academic Affairs, MOSDOH. This position will provide assistance to the Vice Dean. The assistant will assist the communications of the program and will handle and process confidential information in a professional manner. As such, they will provide clerical and general office support, contributing to the accomplishment of the goals of MOSDOH. They will represent the Vice Dean in a professional manner at all times and will interact with professional agencies, faculty, staff, students, alumni, and other professionals within the academic community and general public.
Major Job Duties
- Daily duties include word processing; answering phone and
screening calls; sorting and prioritizing mail; scheduling
appointments and maintaining calendar; making travel arrangements;
ordering office supplies; and processing travel advances,
reimbursements, and expense reports, etc.
- Facilitate contact between faculty, administrators, and Vice
Dean, and provide support for the Dean’s office as requested.
- Write and/or finalize reports, minutes, and
- Maintain files, reports, and records.
- Coordinate meetings, make appropriate reservations, food
arrangements and cleanup, contact meeting attendees, and prepare
associated materials. Attend meetings, take and prepare minutes,
and distribute to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain the program’s professional physical appearance.
- Coordinate, prepare, and assist with the preparation of all
CODA related activities, reports, surveys, etc.
- Provide administrative support for the Vice Dean and other
MOSDOH staff as needed.
- Handle appointment schedule for the Vice Dean.
- Prepare all travel arrangements, leave forms, and travel
reimbursements for the Vice Dean.
- Coordinate/manage assigned projects.
- Create, administer, and run reports.
- Manage changes to the MOSDOH Policy Manual.
- Help plan, coordinate, and assist with ceremonies and special
events (such as but not limited to all commencement related events,
senior awards banquet, orientation events, white coat ceremony,
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the Vice Dean.
- Provide administrative support for MOSDOH committees as
assigned by the Vice Dean.
- Bachelor’s degree is desired or the equivalent combination of education/experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities are acquired
- Must have excellent computer skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Must be knowledgeable of Google email, docs, hangout and other
functions, electronic calendars, and Internet search
- Must have effective time management skills
- Must have writing and proofing
- Must have professional office and phone etiquette
- Must be able to provide consistent reliable support
- Must be willing to work independently and closely with others
- Must be of even temperament an d especially be willing to treat students, staff, and faculty in a collegial manner
- Must be able to juggle several projects while meeting deadlines with strong prioritization abilities
- Must represent ATSU in a highly professional manner, both
internally and externally
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville