Director, Student Recruitment - (STA007195)
Leads the Welcome Center Admissions staff. Manages the admission of freshman, transfer and graduate students to the university, concentrating on recruitment initiatives and best practices while monitoring enrollment goals. Participates in the planning, development and execution of collaborative processes between all academic units and student services that augment effective recruitment programs. Job Duties
- Manages the admissions staff in the Welcome Center by setting goals to meet the objectives of the institution's enrollment management plan, and hires and trains competent staff to support such articulated goals.
- Manages the budget for recruitment effectively which includes planning, controlling, and evaluation of all events, mail campaigns, and other recruitment efforts.
- Maintains a wide-reaching recruitment plan encompassing targeted areas for both freshman and transfer students.
- Communicates effectively with internal UH community and with the external community of constituent schools and colleges, businesses and industries regarding recruitment.
- Manages the evaluation and file preparation of admissions evaluations for freshman, transfer, post baccalaureate and graduate students.
- Coordinates the integration and management of computing support for domestic and international admissions and recruitment processing operations.
- Prepares recurring statistical management reports regarding admissions, and analyzes enrollment reports to revise recruitment plans.
- Works with internal UH marketing and creative services and external enrollment management marketers to draft recruitment-related letters and publications. Assists with the development of recruitment brochures and other media, including email and other electronic media.
- Prepares and submits Student Search Service information and implements direct mail campaigns using The College Board, ACT, College Bound Selection Service, and the National Research Center on College and University Admissions.
- Coordinates and monitors freshman and transfer scholarship awards made through the UH Scholarship Office. Serves on various administrative committees, represents the university on state committees, and participates in local, state and national conferences. Oversees the activities of the Office of Admissions in the absence of the Executive Director. Coordinates all customer service efforts with the customer service staff and the Director of the Welcome Center.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: 1723919
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Activities & Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston