Social Media Coordinator - (STA007191)
Under moderate supervision, coordinates University presence on social media sites and on the web as a whole. Researches market trends and implements branding strategies through participation in online activities.
- Assists in the research, planning and implementation of initiatives to advance the university through participation in web-based social media.
- Serves as initial point of contact for inbound requests from online university properties and the web at large.
- Identifies and analyzes issues, patterns and trends in customer requests and product performance. Transfers information to appropriate department so they can respond accordingly.
- Monitors online conversations and participates in them to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
- Authors blog posts, articles, podcasts, videos, and other content to creatively communicate university message.
- Establishes metrics and repots on them on a monthly basis. Makes recommendations based on analysis of collected data.
- Stays up to date on social media tools, best practices and how other organizations and companies are using new media.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 1 year experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience. Certification/Licensing: None.
Highly Recommended Job Responsibilities/Qualifications:
- Develops, drives and manages the overarching social media strategy across all channels to align with the University of Houston Alumni Association (UHAA) goals and mission.
- Strategy includes the implementation of compelling content and programs across various social platforms that engages and communicates effectively with our audience.
- Develops written and visual content that aligns with UHAA’s content strategy to be used across the website, social media channels, and other digital platforms as needed.
- Oversees and executes the day-to-day social media responsibilities of UHAA’s primary social media accounts, including crafting and posting accessible content for all users.
- Monitors, responds to comments and interactions, and shares incoming messages pertaining to other departments with the relevant campus partners when necessary.
- Designs and implements organic and paid social media and digital marketing campaigns.
- Analyzes reviews, and reports on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Proactively explores potential story-telling content from alumni and/or programs within the University.
- Oversees all social media initiatives and drive growth and engagement and offers a fresh perspective on social media channels and opportunities.
- Researches and analyzes marketing trends in social media.
Notes to Applicant: 1723919
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston