Department: Athletics & Physical Education Department
Duration of Position: Academic year / Full time
Employee Type: Administrator
Posting Date: 04/08/2021
Union Representation: Not Applicable
Posting Number: AS056P
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged. Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Vassar College invites applications for the position of Athletic Trainer. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, ten-month position. The individual will report to the Director of Sports Medicine. Weekend, holiday, early morning and/or late evening hours are required.
- Responsible for working with the Director of Sports Medicine in
the prevention, evaluation, treatment, referral and rehabilitation
of injuries/illnesses of student-athletes.
- Assisting in the daily health care of student-athletes and
athletic training room operation.
- Recording and maintaining appropriate medical records for
- Daily practice coverage and travel responsibilities.
- Assisting with the scheduling of appointments for treatment and
the coordination of health insurance related processes.
- Opportunity to participate as a preceptor in clinical instruction of athletic training students.
Starting Date: no later than August 1, 2021
Vassar College athletics programs are conducted in compliance with policies, procedures and regulations of Vassar College, the NCAA and the Liberty League.
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training.
- NATABOC Certification.
- State of New York Licensure/Certificate (must have prior to
- Knowledge and compliance with NCAA and league rules and regulations are required.
- A valid driver’s license and the successful result of a background check are mandatory.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and
two or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and written/oral
communication skills as well as a demonstrated commitment to the
Division III philosophy.
- Proficiency in ATS injury software is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To complete your on-line application, applicants are asked to submit a résumé, cover letter and three references (with phone numbers and email addresses). No applications by email will be accepted. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Priority will be given to those applications received by May 2, 2021. For additional information please visit Vassar at www.vassar.edu. All attachments must be in PDF format. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by: 05/02/2021
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/1847.