HEALTH CARE CALL CENTER MANAGER
HEALTH CARE CALL CENTER MANAGER
Posting Number: SRGV4990
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
To manage the day-to-day operations of the Call Center. Responsible for administrative duties, new client implementations, continuous process improvement in operations, and identification and dissemination of best practices in accordance with the School of Medicine's Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
Description of Duties:
• Manages and is accountable for ensuring call center performance goals are met, including those related to customer satisfaction, service quality, and productivity of all professional call center employees.
• Establishes, monitors and adherence to quality and production standards.
• Manages telephony systems with assistance from IT.
• Identifies new providers and provides training of appointment criteria.
• Plans, coordinates, and implements team building activities with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Assists callers with provider channeling, notifications of catastrophic injuries, call-ahead to treatment facilities, and the distribution of forms and reports.
• Monitors and evaluates staff members through careful and regular assessment to improve performance and achieve expected volume.
• Responds to complex inquiries or challenging customers when more in-depth and knowledgeable assistance is needed.
• Analyzes, reports on, and resolves customer and operational issues that negatively impact service quality.
• Evaluates and identifies opportunities to grow and improve the Call Center and makes recommendations to upper level management.
• Assist in managing all Call Center clients by serving as the “point” person for these clients.
• Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
• Develops, maintains, and updates any Call Center manuals and/or operational procedure documents.
• Assists in identifying system requirements for Call Center activities.
• Prepares, analyses, and submits various management reports to Senior Management.
• Trains new hires on each assigned client, phone system, intake system, and department protocols.
• Responsible for preparing and reporting monthly statistics.
• Maintains and coordinates schedule for shifts, vacation, and leave for call center operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Three (3) years’ experience providing customer service in a healthcare related setting, or call center setting to include supervisory experience. Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology. Experience in lieu of education may be substituted on a 2-for-1 basis.
Experience utilizing call-center software applications and analyzing call-center statistics.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Strong organizational skills focus on exceptional customer service, and attention to detail are necessary to ensure efficient and quality operations. Customer/client orientation.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/19/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27958