DIVISION DEAN - Division of Health Professions & Medical Services
Division of Health Professions & Medical Services
Wytheville Community College
The Division Dean reports to the Vice President of Academics and Institutional Advancement and is responsible for the development, organization, planning, implementation, supervision and evaluation of the mission, purpose, goals, responsibilities and instructional programs of his or her respective Division and supervision and oversight of the college’s educational partnerships with public schools, private schools, and four-year transfer institutions. The effective starting date for this position will be July 1, 2021.
Specific duties may include but not be limited to the following:
- Coordinates the development of the Division’s schedule of courses to be offered each semester;
- Reviews, on a scheduled and routine basis, programs and individual courses offered within the Division, with particular emphasis on the relevance, quality, and effectiveness of each;
- Ensures that courses and programs are in compliance with Wytheville Community College (WCC), Virginia Community College System (VCCS), State Council for Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and individual Health Program accrediting agency policies and requirements;
- Assists with the selection of instructional and classified personnel within the Division; supervises and evaluates the performance of Division personnel;
- Plans, monitors and evaluates the semester-by-semester course load of Division faculty;
- Plans and monitors the quality, quantity and use of office and classroom space, equipment and instructional materials within the Division;
- Recommends and assists in the development of new or modified programs of study designed to meet existing or changing needs of the community;
- Develops, implements and monitors the Division’s budget and expenditures;
- Supervises the preparation of Divisional statistical data, reports and grant proposals;
- Serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet;
- Represents the Division at meetings such as the Vice President’s staff and other required committees and meetings;
- Assists and advises the Workforce Development Division relative to Workforce Development initiatives;
- Participates in Virginia Community College System meetings, including the Council of Coordinators, Directors, and Deans (CODD), and assists with the implementation of VCCS initiatives.
- Other duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned.
The Division Dean will promote Wytheville Community College’s mission through teamwork, respectful communication, maintenance of a professional environment, partnerships with constituents served, and overall excellent customer service.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Demonstrated history of progressively more responsible teaching and/or administrative experience;
- Knowledge of instructional technology and learning styles;
- Strong oral and written skills;
- Experience with performance evaluation processes;
- Demonstrated commitment to the community college philosophy; and
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
- Previous community college experience;
- Experience working with accrediting agencies and with grants;
- Demonstrated understanding of adult education principles and methodologies; and
- Successful teaching and/or administrative experience with Health Programs.
Interested persons are required to apply by using the on-line application process through the Virginia state-wide job listing at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com.
Applicants are also required to include a cover letter, current resume or CV, and an unofficial copy of college transcripts along with the completed application submittal. Only complete application documentation will be considered; partial submissions will not be considered. If there are multiple transcripts, combine all transcripts into one file before uploading. Application documents will be received until the position is filled; however, an initial review of the applicant pool will occur on April 27, 2021.
Persons with disabilities requiring assistance should contact 276-223-4700.
The individual selected will be subject to a criminal history/sex offender background check and e-verify for employment eligibility as a condition of employment.
Any questions regarding application document submission can be directed to HR@wcc.vccs.edu.
Wytheville Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, political affiliation, genetics, veteran status, or disability when the person is otherwise qualified in its educational programs and activities or employment. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Malinda Eversole, Director of Human Resources, 111 Smyth Hall, 1000 East Main Street, Wytheville VA 24382, 276-223-4769. For further information, see the list of OCR enforcement offices for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481