Associate Vice President of Finance
Associate Vice President of
Wytheville Community College
The Associate Vice President of Finance is the college’s chief financial officer. The Associate Vice President of Finance manages, supervises, and provides leadership to all financial functions and designated administrative services of the College, while optimizing operational resources to advance the mission of the College.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Associate Vice President of Finance is responsible for:
Serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet and participates in college-wide planning.
Collaborate with the VCCS and college instructional and technology leadership to develop Higher Education Equipment Trust Fund (HEETF) requests that meet the college’s needs to upgrade equipment for instruction.
Provides advice and oversight for surplus property and risk management. Prepares Certificates of Insurance and loss claims, directs janitorial service and contracted bookstore operation.
Meets financial management standards prescribed by the Commonwealth and the State Comptroller and the Virginia Community College System. Serves as Fiscal Officer for Commonwealth of Virginia financial reporting and approvals.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs):
- Demonstrated experience with use of accounting information systems and budgeting
- Knowledge of state procurement and contracting
- Knowledge of development of capital plans and budgets.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with various constituencies.
- Working knowledge of computer applications that include spreadsheets and word processing.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Certifications):
- Master’s Degree in Business and minimum of 5 years’ work experience in finance, including management experience of employees and business and operations functions, and work with internal and/or external auditors.
Preferred Qualifications (KSAs):
- Knowledge of state software systems (eVA, Cardinal, Department of Education Grant Systems) and extensive knowledge/use of spreadsheets and financial reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to develop and make presentations to large groups of people.
- Knowledge of assessment of departmental goals and outcomes.
- Knowledge of construction contracting processes.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, Continuity of Operations Plans
- Knowledge of, or experience with, Emergency Operations Plans
Preferred Qualifications (Education, Experience, Certifications):
- Post graduate degree in business, risk management, education, or public administration field;
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience with conducting/leading internal control audits.
Please apply at https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/32916. Only online application documentation accepted for this position.
Position will be open until filled with first review on April 23, 2021.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wytheville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wytheville
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wytheville