Director of Admissions
SUNY Broome Community College is a comprehensive community college located in the scenic Southern Tier of New York. The College has over 12,000 students annually, serving over 6,500 students in Liberal Arts, Business & Professional Studies, Health Sciences, and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programs. An additional 5,500 students are served through the College's community education and non-credit programs.
SUNY Broome Community College is seeking a full-time Director of Admissions. This position reports to the Executive Enrollment Management Officer and is primarily responsible for the student admission process of the College. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work effectively with a diverse public and student population; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; manage (plan, budget, staff, evaluate) an office with a variety of functions; have knowledge of local, state and federal guidelines and programs that can affect admissions and enrollment of students; generate general activity reports from College database and other computer resources in response to internal and external requests for information. Domestic and international travel required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Leads the recruitment efforts, on-campus visits, Open House, College Nights and related activities.
• Schedules off-campus visits by Admissions staff who explain the College program, entrance requirements and financial aid requirements.
• Recommends the hiring and supervises the training of professional and support staff in Admissions, International Recruitment, and Study Abroad.
• Collaborates with College administrators, enrollment-processing offices, and outside partners to strengthen enrollment and encourage community visibility.
• Develops and disaggregates reports, isolating targeted student groups, for the purposes of enrollment outreach.
• Works closely with other offices including Advising, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Marketing and others to ensure complete services to newly admitted students.
• Master's degree in Education, Business, Liberal Arts or a related field required.
• The successful candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in a postsecondary educational institution, preferably with responsibilities related to admissions.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of supervisory/management experience preferred.
• Experience as a community college administrator desirable.
• Experience with BANNER and SLATE strongly preferred.
Additional Information: Minimum salary for this position is $67,963.
Offers of employment will be conditional based upon the results of a satisfactory, required pre-employment Standard Background Check.
SUNY Broome Community College is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to enhancing the diversity and inclusion of the campus community and the curriculum. The institution is committed to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion, and respect for difference. SUNY BCC is committed to the diversity of its community. Women, minorities, veterans, individual with disabilities, and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Application materials should be received by Friday, April 23, 2021. Please attach a letter of interest, resume, and the name, address, and phone number of three (3) references.