Nursing Faculty/Program Director
INSTITUTION: York County Community College, established in 1994, is a regionally accredited comprehensive institution that offers associate degrees, certificate programs, and non-credit courses and training to business and industry.
PURPOSE: To inspire and empower our students and communities to thrive.
VALUES: They support our purpose and drive our behaviors and decisions.
Innovation: We unleash curiosity to re-imagine
what is possible.
Empowerment: We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to fulfill their potential.
Accountability: We take responsibility for the betterment of our community.
Cooperation: We know we are better when we work together.
MISSION: We are on a mission to re-imagine the educational experience so that it works better for everyone. We are committed to working in partnership with our communities and our students to design the most relevant, flexible, and life-enhancing experience possible.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will be responsible creating an associate degree in nursing program designed to accept its first student cohort for fall 2022. Responsible for the development and preparation of curriculum and standards for approval by the Maine State Board of Nursing, MCCS Board of Trustees and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. Responsibilities will also include developing essential partnerships and designing laboratory space. As of fall 2022, the position will be expected to teach a variety of undergraduate courses in Nursing; participate in the program accreditation process; curriculum design and assessment; and advise students. Additional responsibilities include participating in departmental and college committees, aiding in recruitment and retention activities, participating in faculty development, and other duties as required and/or assigned. Schedule may include day or evening classes, and be delivered as face-to-face and/or hybrid classes. May be asked to serve as Department Chair for the program.
- Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Current knowledge of nursing practice and/or health care.
- Minimum of one year of teaching experience, preferably at the college level.
- Active, unencumbered state RN License in the state of Maine.
- Three years of recent clinical experience.
- Must have current driver’s license for offsite travel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability in program planning, curriculum development and meeting accreditation standards.
- Expertise and knowledge of current nursing specialty areas.
- Experience with simulation and computer assisted instruction.
- Experience with outcomes-based assessment.
- Ability to plan and organize multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent knowledge of computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports and communicate effectively with individuals.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent public relations skills including ability to reach out to appropriate sources to get the resources or find information needed to be successful, using proper etiquette both electronic and interpersonally.
- Ability to create educational partnerships.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Starting salary including a full benefits package will be in accordance with the Maine Educational Association (MEA) Faculty contract. Benefits include 100% employer paid health, dental and life insurance for employees (spouse/domestic partner/dependent coverage also available), vision insurance, choice of Maine Public Employees Retirement System or TIAA CREF in lieu of social security, generous personal/sick time allowances, 12 paid holidays, professional development, and free tuition within the MCCS for employees, spouse and/or dependents.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Your application for employment with the Maine Community College System may be subject to public disclosure. Application review will begin April 22, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. The college anticipates a May start date.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter that includes a teaching philosophy, curriculum vita, YCCC application, official transcripts for all postsecondary degrees, licensure or certification verification, if required and have three professional references forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
York County Community College
112 College Drive
Wells, Maine 04090
York County Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and employer. For more information, please call 207/216-4444.
Apply for Nursing Faculty/Program Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly