Collegiate Faculty, Cloud Computing Systems
Collegiate Faculty, Cloud Computing Systems School of Cybersecurity and Information Technology 12-Month Collegiate Faculty Location: Remote The Collegiate Faculty is a full-time faculty position reporting directly to the Program Director and is responsible for administrative academic duties as well as leadership of one or more courses within a School. Collegiate Faculty, in partnership with their Program Director, fellow Collegiate Faculty and Academic Program Coordinators, constitute a Program Team that works together to ensure program quality, consistency and growth, as well as faculty involvement, and curriculum output. The Collegiate Faculty demonstrates leadership especially by championing these areas among the set of adjuncts they manage. Program Quality, Consistency and Growth. The Collegiate Faculty works to improve domain knowledge, program currency and relevance to workplace needs within their respective area. The Collegiate Faculty also ensures that the School manages consistency across courses and programs to ensure that the student experience is relatively uniform and predictable in order to enhance student retention. To enhance program quality, the Collegiate Faculty supports academic assessment and continuous improvement, partnering with other areas across Academic Affairs and the University. The Collegiate Faculty supports growth within the program and advocates for new programs, when viable. Importantly, the Collegiate Faculty works with their Program Directors, Department Chairs and Dean to develop and present Quarterly Reviews for presentation to the Chief Academic Officer. Such updates include key achievements, opportunities for improvement, and future milestones. These Quarterly Reviews are a critical component of building a coordinated strategy within each School. Collegiate Faculty are expected to become familiar with and proficient in the use of multiple data sources in use across the institution and which form the basis of data-informed decision-making and continuous improvement efforts across the breadth of the Department, the School, and the institution. Faculty Quality. With the Dean, Department Chair, and Program Director, the Collegiate Faculty works to engage faculty within their courses and programs, building a learning community of experts who also engage with external stakeholders such as employers, industry associations and non-profit groups. The Collegiate Faculty ensures that their area balances curriculum excellence with teaching excellence. The Collegiate Faculty uses the School’s staff, as well as technology tools and coaching strategies to optimize teaching effectiveness among adjuncts. Collegiate Faculty are expected to provide leadership, teamwork, communication, and performance-oriented coaching. Curriculum Output. The Collegiate Faculty works at the Program Director’s discretion to manage curriculum maintenance and development within their discipline portfolio, with new programs, revisions and quick fixes, collaborating with Course Development, Curriculum Design, and other areas of the University and making tradeoffs and compromises as appropriate in consultation with Program Director. Specific Collegiate Faculty characteristics include:
- Regular and ongoing review and support of faculty teaching, with emphasis on instilling and propagating best practices associated with the 3Rs: relevancy, relationships, and responsiveness.
- Demonstrating and modeling highly effective teaching practices for adjunct faculty. Mentors and coaches adjunct faculty.
- Working closely with Program Director and Academic Program Coordinator to ensure the broader program meets student needs and quality standards including assessments of program standards.
- Providing updates to Program Director on classroom activities.
- Consulting with Program Director to develop an instructional plan or syllabus for courses and ensures that it meets department and University standards. Identifies, refines, and updates open educational resources and projects.
- May serve on academic or administrative committees, make recommendations on curriculum development, advise on hiring or promotions within department, and perform other job duties as necessary.
- Lead and manage faculty and courses within a domain-specific School in close partnership with their Program Director, Collegiate Faculty peers and Academic Program Coordinators.
- Championing program quality, consistency and growth, faculty involvement, and curriculum output.
- Communicate with the Program Director, Department Chair, Dean and senior academic team to build transparency, thereby enhancing trust and collaboration.
- Work effectively with colleagues in Enrollment Management, Military Operations, Career Services, Human Resources, and Legal Affairs on issues critical to the growth and well-being of the School.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- An earned Master’s degree in Cloud Computing, Computer Networking, Cybersecurity or closely related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- At least three (3) years of experience in higher education, with evidence of progressive increases in levels of responsibility.
- Ability to provide disciplinary leadership for his/her areas of responsibility as well as future (related) additional courses and programs.
- Ability to lead a large community of adjunct faculty, including evidence of ability to coach, mentor and manage faculty performance.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills—the ability to make the complex simple and to communicate effectively with academic, technical, and administrative audiences.
- Strong collaborator and consensus builder.
- Committed to and conversant with how to develop faculty and staff for organizational and personal success.
- Strong personal initiative—sets high standards for self and team; motivates the team to new levels of achievement.
- Creative and innovative.
- Drives projects to completion.
- Organizational savvy—understands how to work effectively within an institution and across organizational units to get the job done on time and in alignment with strategic goals and objectives.
- High level of emotional intelligence—works well across boundaries and in a highly diverse environment in the service of achieving institutional goals.
- An earned doctorate or other terminal degree in Cloud Computing, Computer Networking, Cybersecurity or closely related discipline from a regionally accredited institution
- Demonstrated experience in Cloud Computing, Cybersecurity and related fields.
Active certifications related to the program prior to
hire. In selected situations, UMGC will support completion of
certification after hire. Relevant certifications include:
- Amazon Certified Cloud Practitioner (Foundational), CompTIA Cloud+, GCP Cloud Engineer, Microsoft Azure Fundamentals, Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate, VMware VCP-DCV 2021
- Amazon Certified Solutions Architect (Associate), (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert, Amazon Certified Solutions Architect (Professional)
- CompTia Network+, CompTia Linux+, Sec+,
- Demonstrated experience in teaching courses for adult learners.
- Familiarity with higher education needs and the organizations that can conduct environmental scanning.
- Demonstrated ability to work with academic administrators in fostering and supporting new course development and revisions.
- Knowledge of embedding student learning outcomes within the curriculum and tying student success initiatives to the curriculum.
- Knowledge of contemporary learning science and educational research, either through education or professional experience.
- The ability to establish and maintain a productive network of relationships with potential partners in academic affairs.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Glenarden
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Glenarden
- Computer Sciences & Technology Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Glenarden
- Other Science & Technology Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Glenarden