Research Administration Specialist
Center for Gene Therapy department is seeking a candidate who has background in contracts and administrative functions, supplemented by research / clinical coding knowledge as applicable in clinical studies contracts and billing.
Contribute to the implementation of pre-award and/or post award activities and programs including, but not limited to, successful submission of research grants, progress reports, and close out.
- Follow federal, state, and Baylor College of Medicine policies, procedures, and guidelines that apply to grants and funding.
- Prepare subcontracts to other institutions.
- Research and reconcile coordination issues for sponsor.
- Coordinate between multiple projects.
- Resolve coordination issues as necessary.
- Coordinate to ensure BCM deliverables are met timely.
- Learn and work with different funding mechanism (grants, contracts, clinical trials…etc.).
- Prepare, submit and follow through with BCM administration on different types of contracts and agreements, as required.
- Serve as information resource for faculty, students, and staff.
- Prepare and interprets financial reports on faculty members receiving funding.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four years of relevant experience is required.
- Bachelors degree.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization.
- Strong customer service mindset and can work with multi-cultural collaborations.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.