Flow Cytometry Specialist I
Flow Cytometry Specialist I will perform both clinical and research flow cytometric analysis, write reports and maintain laboratory/office duties. The position includes 4 weekly rotations per month: 1) Early morning shift; 2) Mid-morning shift; 3) Night shift; and 4) Early, Mid or Night shift depending on when the rotation starts. The position also includes rotating holiday shifts and the rotating night shift personnel is expected to analyze weekend samples if one arises.
Both clinical and research flow cytometric analysis include:
- Receives specimen samples from bone marrow, peripheral blood and cultured cells for analysis.
- Records and labels specimen samples in the sample log, which includes patient demographic information.
- Determine cell concentration via Sysmex XP-300™ Automated Hematology Analyzer.
- Setting up appropriate controls for both clinical and research samples.
- Stain cells with monoclonal antibodies and antibody cocktails.
- Wash cells and controls via BD FACS Lyse Wash Assistant (LWA).
- Analyze controls and cells via FACSCanto II flow cytometers and associated DIVA software.
- Prepare both clinical and research reports.
Perform Laboratory Duties:
- Early Morning Shift- Lab Startup.
- Mid Shift- Maintaining inventory of all reagents and supplies used in the flow cytometry laboratory.
- Night Shift- Lab Shutdown
- Performs routine maintenance on all instruments (e.g. Sysmex and FACSCanto) and rotating maintenance on
- LWA, Refrigerator and Centrifuge).
- Participate in mandatory College of American Pathologists (CAP) Surveys.
- Participate in mandatory Lab Competency Assessments/Quizzes/Tests.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Scan and filing both clinical and research reports.
- Prepare end of the year binders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology,chemical, biological, physical science or related field.
- One year of relevant experience is required.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- One year of flow cytometry experience in a clinical research flow cytometry laboratory.
- Familiarity with FACSCanto II flow cytometers and associated software.
- Familiarity with BD FACS Lyse Wash Assistant (LWA).
- Familiarity with Sysmex XP-300™ Automated Hematology Analyzer.
- Familiarity with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), associated documentation practices and CAP/CLIA standards.
- Certification as a Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist.
- Participate in mandatory Personnel Training Documentation.
- Maintain mandatory Continuing Education Credits.
- Participate in mandatory TCH/Baylor Electronic Training.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston