Senior Faculty (Director of Faculty Development)
The Office of the Provost is seeking a qualified candidate for the Director of Faculty Development role. The chosen candidate will:
- Report directly to the Associate Provost of Faculty Affairs and Senior Associate Dean of Faculty Development of BCM.
- Lead development of a Leadership Institute; structuring and delivery of the faculty mentoring, faculty awards and recognition, faculty professional development, promotion and career advancement initiatives through the faculty lifecycles, development of processes that support the BCM faculty throughout their careers as educators, scientists, health care providers and academic leaders.
- Work closely with the Associate Provost of Faculty Affairs and Senior Associate Dean of Faculty Development, the Director of the Faculty Affairs, staff and faculty at the Office of the Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development.
- Collaborate with the team members of the Office of the Provost, Associate Provosts and their teams, chairs and members of the faculty awards committees, BCM Deans and mission leaders, human resources, Center for Professionalism, Ombudsman, Faculty Senate and ambassadors, faculty education and development champions of the departments and affiliates.
- Provide faculty-focused assistance and mentorship that fosters faculty satisfaction and engagement while allowing faculty members to thrive personally and professionally.
- Director of Mentoring & Professional Development at GSBS
- Report to the Dean, GSBS and lead development of a mentoring program for research faculty that spans the needs of new and experienced research faculty mentors, and in so doing help to support an effective learning environment for research trainees.
- Professional Development, leadership for development and implementation of an effective individual development plan process for graduate students and faculty education in support of same are key responsibilities.
- Collaborate with GSBS faculty and staff, other faculty currently involved in mentor training, Office of Faculty Development, and GSBS program directors.
Required: Ph.D. Degree with experience Education and Faculty Development
Required: 5 years of relevant experience
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Faculty Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston