The Division of Nephrology is seeking an enthusiastic Student Helper/Intern to support researchers studying HIV-1 kidney disease. The intern will assist the researchers by organizing and filing experimental documentation, labeling tubes for experiments, and helping with general cleaning and organization.
Responsible for one or more of the following duties:
- Provides research administrative or technical support.
- Filing, typing, and cleaning equipment.
- Preparing media and solutions.
- Conducting routine chemical/biological assays and recording results.
- Managing database (recording laboratory results and coding data).
- Labeling, organizing for proper storage preparation.
- Must be a High School or College Student (undergraduate or graduate).
- Student must be proficient in Microsoft office suite.
- Good communication skills, written and orally.
- GPA in good standing (3.00 or above).
- Candidates with previous academic probation will be considered on a case to case basis.
- Individual should have completed 10th grade in high school.
- Safety and Laboratory Essentials Training will be provided, in accordance to institutional policies.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.