Lead, Project Portfolio Manager
The Baylor Improvement Group (BIG) works under the direction of the COO to help operationalize BCM Strategy. BIG leads the portfolio management function, builds infrastructure needed to facilitate change, and provides project management expertise and services to the organization. As part of this group, the Lead, Project Portfolio Manager is responsible for enabling portfolio management and providing project management services for the Education mission.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a partnership with executive leadership for their assigned mission/central support group(s).
- Facilitates the Enterprise Portfolio Management Function in their assigned mission/CSG by helping them define, prioritize, and link projects to their strategic plan and annual goals.
- Works with their assigned mission to provide updates on project status to participate in monthly portfolio management report outs.
- Trains mission/CSG personnel on new project management standards and tools provided through the enterprise portfolio management function.
- Provides project management services on mission/CSG projects that are complex, require building new processes or infrastructure, or cross several missions/departments.
- Utilizes Lean six sigma methodology to conduct process improvement workshops:
- Provides change management practices to help improve adoption on projects.
- Leads efforts to build infrastructure needed at BCM to facilitate effective projects in areas like portfolio management, project management, process improvement, meeting/communication structures, process documentation.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Six years of relevant experience.
- Seven to ten years of project management experience, academic/healthcare experience a plus
- Blackbelt Six Sigma Certification
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.