Adjunct Instructor - Automotive Technology
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY
Olive-Harvey College is currently seeking a part-time faculty to teach Automotive Technology. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving. An ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving.Instructors who can teach between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm is preferred.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students.
- Revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with the automotive industry and ASE certification.
- Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
- Develop and deliver customized training for various clients as needed, and maintain involvement with business/industry/community through advisory committees, marketing and recruitment efforts, and professional associations and organizations.
- Advise and support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
- You must demonstrate excellence in teaching, commitment to integrating new technologies in the learning process and the ability to inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed.
- Maintain office hours for advising, mentoring and coaching students.
- Post syllabi and grades on Blackboard.
- Associate Degree in Automotive Technology or a related field.
- Current certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
- Three (3) years minimum automotive service experience.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of modern automobiles.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago