Part-Time PC Technician III
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Houston North Victory
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
LSC-Houston North Victory offers programs, classes and support that can lead to victory. This location brings the benefits of a first-class community college to the Acres Homes and Inwood Forest communities. The 85,000-square-foot facility offers academic classes, workforce training, adult education, the Victory Early College and more.
Location address is 4141 Victory Drive, Houston, TX 77088.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Technician III supports and maintains computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The Technician III troubleshoots problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provides end user training and assistance where required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly detailed understanding of Windows, Mac, and Unix operating systems and/or AV systems as required
- Background of strong customer service orientation
- Highly skilled at explaining technical subjects to non- technical as well as technical customers
- Has expertise in principles and concepts underlying an area of IT
- Current and proficient in any new concepts or practices in own IT discipline, and applies that knowledge to the current work
- Has in-depth understanding of the different aspects of the College's purpose and operations (academic; research; administrative)
- Has some awareness of external trends and best practices
- Has basic knowledge of project management
- Ability to represent and promote the team's mission and goals across teams, processes, and departments, as needed. Knows when support from outside the team is needed to help move forward and acts accordingly
- Ability to write and present reports and/or proposals that persuade or communicate important messages
- Understands and interprets other viewpoints and assimilates them, as appropriate, into new or revised work processes and products
- Ability to work to resolve conflicts (e.g., technical disagreements or design reviews) in own work unit
- Ability to make decisions guided by IT and the College's precedents and objectives
- Ability to makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting projects and a client base
- Demonstrated ability to work with management, which helps create standards for a team and assists in establishing methods of accountability for the completion of assignments and tasks
- Demonstrates flexibility and discretion in negotiations with customers and/or colleagues
- Ability to seek opportunities and set some goals for own development
- Ability to follow team and OTS procedures, but regularly evaluates those procedures
- Ability to anticipate consequences of actions and prepares for potential problems or opportunities that are not obvious (e.g., are not part of the standard practice in the field)
- Ability to set goals for others that support short-term team goals. May establish long term goals for others
- Ability to know and follow standard operating procedures
PHYSICAL ABILITIES :
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED and at least 1 year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Hourly Pay Rate is $13.81
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston