Professor Mary B. Jackson Founders Chair In Nursing: Assistant Professor
The School of Nursing at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) seeks a full time faculty member for a tenure-track position. The School of Nursing offers the BSN, MSN and DNP degrees in nursing and embraces the shared governance model as well as Boyer’s Model of scholarship.
Position: Professor Mary B. Jackson Founders Chair In Nursing: Assistant Professor
Effective Date: August 1, 2021
Mary B. Jackson was called to serve as the interim director of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga which began enrolling students on January 1, 1973. Having served as an Assistant Professor of Nursing at the University of Alabama, Professor Jackson understood what was required for a successful nursing program. Professor Jackson earned both a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a Master of Science in Nursing from the University of Alabama after having earned a degree in Sociology from the University of Chattanooga in 1954. The holder of the Professor Mary B. Jackson Founders Chair in Nursing should demonstrate the same qualities as Professor Jackson. These include a dedication to educating nursing students, an excellent work ethic, and an understanding of the value of team work and collegiality.
In keeping with Professor Jackson's original purpose of educating students to become BSN prepared nurses, this position will focus on teaching in the undergraduate program. Understanding that the future of nursing education will need to embrace the use of all methods of teaching, the holder of the Professor Mary B. Jackson Founders Chair in Nursing will focus on using innovative strategies in the classroom allowing students to gain knowledge and experience.
This position is a tenure earning position. The person must be doctorally prepared or currently enrolled in a doctoral program in Nursing or a related field and complete the degree within the first year of employment.
- Teach and advise in the BSN program
- Engage in scholarship activities
- Participate in service to the School of Nursing, the University and/or profession
- Assist in monitoring and supporting learner success and collaborate in the process of curriculum development and revision as needed
- Master’s degree in Nursing and Doctoral preparation in Nursing or related field
- Will consider MSN if applicant is in a doctoral program and will complete the degree within the first year of employment.
- Experience teaching in an academic environment in the class room and clinical setting is strongly preferred.
Application Procedures :
For full consideration, applicants should prepare and submit the following information within our online application system:
- Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
- CV including up-to-date personal information (name, email, phone, etc.)
- Copies of transcripts
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- References: list of names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses for three (3) professional references.
Inquiries may be made to Dr. Christine Smith via telephone at (423) 425-5766.
Application review begins immediately and continues until the position if filled. Transcripts for all post-secondary academic work and three letters of professional reference are subject to be requested of all applicants during the screening process.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga