Assistant Professor of Information Technology
Position Type Faculty, Tenure Track Classification Title Associate Professor Position's Functional Title Assistant Professor of Information Technology Position Start Date 08/16/2021 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
The Division of Science, Mathematics and Technology seeks applicants for a full-time, tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the primary area of Information Technology. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate/graduate IT related courses. We seek candidates with outstanding teaching skills, experience working with non-traditional and diverse student populations, evidence of a potential or distinguished record of scholarship as well as community service via projects, committees and/or leadership roles.
Governors State University ( GSU ) was founded in 1969, originally as an upper-division institution with a primary focus of serving community college graduates pursuing baccalaureate degrees. During the five intervening decades, GSU has grown to become the only regional, public, comprehensive university in Chicago’s south suburban area, serving approximately 6,000 students annually in 85 different bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs. GSU features a highly diverse faculty and staff of roughly 1,000 employees that reflect the students and community we serve. GSU provides accessible, high value undergraduate and graduate education to culturally and economically diverse students from across the region and around the world. From its mission statement, Governors State University is committed to offering an exceptional and accessible education that prepares students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a global society.
Students benefit from the university’s high academic quality, range of convenient class times, increasing hybrid and online offerings, and outstanding educational value.
The exceptionally beautiful campus is conveniently located within easy reach by road and rail to Chicago and surrounding communities that have a wealth of cultural and natural attractions. The highly diverse region GSU serves has a number of high performing schools and engaged communities as well as struggling urban, suburban, and rural communities. GSU seeks to serve as a public square, working to foster educational opportunities for
It is the policy of Governors State University, in its role as educator, employer, and purchaser of goods and services, to provide equal opportunity and affirmative action. Discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status is strictly prohibited.
Salary and benefits package are commensurate with education and experience
1. Master’s degree in IT or related fields.
2. Industry recognized certification(s)
3. Knowledge and ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses
4. Documented record of an ability to make intellectual contributions through scholarly publications/presentations consistent with the maintenance of AQ (“Academically Qualified”) faculty status under accreditation standards.
1. Some doctoral coursework, an ABD, or PhD completed.
2. Professional (i.e., industry) experience is highly desirable.
3. Teaching and/or professional experience in multiple areas.
4. Interest in and ability to develop and teach online (web-based) courses.
Posting Date 04/27/2021 Closing Date Open Until Filled No Posting Number FA0393P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5910 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of candidates will commence immediately and continue until position is filled. Priority attention given to the candidates who apply by May 1, 2021.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- * What academic discipline did you earn your degree(s)
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience teaching at the college/university
- * Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Letter of Recommendation
- Certification/Professional License
- Research Documents
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Teacher Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest