Staff Assistant, Executive Offices
Staff Assistant, Executive Offices
Location: Wellesley Hills
MassBay fosters educational excellence and academic success to prepare students for local and global citizenship, to meet critical workforce demands of communities, and to contribute to the region’s economic development.
Massachusetts Bay Community College values diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply to join our community.
Located in Greater Boston, MassBay is a comprehensive, open-access community college, offering associate degrees and certificate programs on three campuses in Wellesley Hills, Framingham, and Ashland, Massachusetts.
The ideal candidate will join a vibrant and inclusive educational community, and have a desire and ability to work with a diverse population.
This position will assist with daily office functions and operations of the President’s and the Provost’s Offices, and perform general office duties as listed below. The Staff Assistant will handle the front office and work on projects/research and other duties as assigned.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Welcoming visitors and answering telephones;
- Organizing Executive Offices;
- Handling mail and deliveries around campus;
- Assisting with high-level executive calendars – scheduling internal and external meetings, reviewing daily schedules, creating/completing polls; creating vacation calendars;
- Monitoring budget and completing budget requisitions and expense reports for the President;
- Completing budget requisitions for the Director of Equity Compliance and Director of Diversity;
- Managing credit card - statement review and documentation;
- Registering President, Director of Equity Compliance and Director of Diversity for conferences;
- Making travel arrangements/payments for the President;
- Setting up accounts and offices for new members of the President’s Office;
- Assisting with travel arrangements/payments for the Director of Equity Compliance and Director of Diversity;
- Assisting with committee, event and meeting preparation/logistics;
- Assisting with formatting/editing Board of Trustees agendas and meeting minutes;
- Creating/posting meeting schedules (web, Blackboard) for Board of Trustees meetings;
- Creating/maintaining surveys for annual Presidential Evaluation;
- Providing support for the Capital Campaign – bulk mailings, letters, meetings;
- Collecting/creating/editing data, lists, reports;
- Creating and designing invitations and announcements for events;
- Back-up when Executive Director and Executive Assistant are out of the office;
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a part-time position
This list is not to be considered all-inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties as required to meet the needs and foster the mission of the College.
All employees of MassBay are expected to work collegially and collaboratively within a community that values and celebrates diversity.
- Associate’s Degree (Bachelor’s preferred);
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Confidentiality, reliability, responsibility;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with financial and student information systems.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the goals of Affirmative Action and workforce diversity;
- Experience working in a diverse environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to working with underserved students.
Salary Range: $20.00 - 22.00 Hourly Wage
Classification Type: Regular Employee
Application Deadline: April 17, 2021, or thereafter until filled.
Hiring is subject to state appropriation funding.
Final candidates are required to provide sealed transcripts and/or certifications.
Hiring is contingent upon a successful CORI clearance.
Massachusetts Bay Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s for Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Lisa MacDonald, Director of Equity Compliance, email@example.com, (781) 239-3147, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wellesley
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wellesley
- Academic Administration Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wellesley
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wellesley
- Business & Administrative Support Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wellesley