Medical Coding & Billing Coordinator
Wardenburg Health Services invites applications for a Medical Coding and Billing Coordinator ! This position facilitates improvement in the quality and accuracy of medical coding for patient billing. This role will also maintain documentation and work collaboratively with Clinical Informatics (CI), Student Insurance, and clinical departments to evaluate current processes and establish and implement process improvements.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Health and Wellness Administrative Services staff understand and are committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness at CU Boulder. Administrative Services consists of two main areas: Patient Services and Billing. Patient Services includes student health plan management, immunization requirements for incoming students, and referrals for care outside of CU Boulder Medical Services. Billing includes insurance, immunizations, referrals and information releases.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Coding Reviews and Research
- Conduct focused reviews of billing and patient records in conjunction with Clinical Documentation Specialist to determine appropriate training opportunities to facilitate improvement in coding accuracy. Conduct an audit of charges.
- Research and identify resolutions for insurance companies and patient inquiries and/or disputes.
- Collaborate with CI partners to provide coding education for providers and nursing staff.
- Ensure accurate diagnostic and procedural coding compliance for the Medical Services and Counseling & Psychiatry departments.
- Review medical records to ensure the coding for billing is accurate based on generally accepted coding standards and clinical documentation.
- Develop quality assessment tools to ensure accurate coding and provide constructive feedback to providers.
- Collaborate with unit partners to develop process improvements.
Customer Service and Support
- Help students understand the status of their claims and requirements for processing claims and reimbursement.
- Serve as a resource for clinical staff requests regarding procedural and diagnostic coding.
- Update clinical encounter forms with current procedural codes and prices, and update the Practice Management billing and charge codes to include current CPT codes, HCPC codes, and pricing.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this position is $47,196.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Informed. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position. (Appropriate education or relevant certification will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.)
What You Will Need
- Digital literacy including proficiency in Word, Excel, and medical billing software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team setting and independently.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Certified Coding Specialist Certification or Certified Professional Coder.
- Three years of clinical coding experience (ICD-9, CPT & HCPC).
- Proficiency in Electronic Medical Records and medical terminology.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by April 19, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder