Clinical Research Coordinator I - Vascular Surgery
Clinical Research Coord I
The Department of Surgery is seeking applicants for a Clinical Research Coordinator I to coordinate ongoing clinical research trials within the Division of Vascular Surgery under the direction of the senior study coordinator. As part of an interdisciplinary health team, the incumbent will collaborate with other Clinical Research Coordinators, physicians, nurses, and other key personnel in the department and clinic to ensure compliance with protocol requirements and satisfactory care for enrolled patients. The incumbent will also assist in the development of protocol methodologies and data collection.
- Coordination of Protocol Subjects & Data Collection, such as performing subject screening and consent for clinical protocols under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI); serving as a patient resource and educator for information regarding the study or clinical symptoms; preparing and shipping central lab samples as per protocol requirements; Collecting baseline and follow-up data from medical records; scheduling and attending clinic appointments for patients as required by protocol; communicating with nursing staff and OR staff about patient care according to protocols; assisting with operating room protocol requirements where appropriate; recording patient symptoms and adverse events in conjunction with care providers; reporting and following up adverse events and serious adverse events, after discussion with Principal Investigator, to sponsor and Investigational Review Board as required by protocol.
- Coordination of Protocol Compliance, such as: maintaining a
knowledge base of Good Clinical Practice Guidelines and Federal
Code of Regulations regarding clinical trial conduct; coordinating
and maintaining HIPAA compliance for assigned studies;
communicating with interdisciplinary health team in care of
patients involved in research studies to ensure regulatory
compliance; interacting with local laboratories and diagnostic
study centers to ensure clinical protocol requirements are complete
for studies; coordinating efforts of Investigational Pharmacist and
maintaining site records for Good Clinical Practice and sponsor
- Research Support, such as: assisting medical and scientific
partners to design protocol methodologies for basic science,
preclinical studies, and clinical protocols; helping with protocol
development and protocol endpoints to ensure statistical and
clinical relevance of studies; assessing clinical needs by
performing literature review and discussion with faculty advisors
within Division; preparing and submitting filings of protocols to
Investigational Review Board and Animal Care Committees as needed;
designing Case Report Forms and Source Documents for clinical
protocols where required; assisting with grant development
projects; maintaining awareness of Good Laboratory Practices as
needed for pre-clinical studies within Division; assisting with
manuscript preparation and abstract submission for principal
investigators; submitting protocols to the RAC and IRB offices to
assure compliance under the direction of the senior study
coordinator; organizing and maintaining regulatory files for
clinical studies performed within Division; interacting with
institutional Investigational Review Board under direction of
Principal Investigator for clinical research protocols.
- Tracking the type of study services performed to ensure that
they are compensated appropriately, such as: performing billing
review for study subjects and dispensing human subjects’ payments
to study participants.
Associate's degree or an allied health professional degree in an appropriate area and one year of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum one year experience performing clinical research coordinator duties.
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to communicate with patients and family participating in clinical trials.
- Experience with patient data and/or databases.
- Proficient time management skills and ability to successfully manage multiple studies.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and a list of 3-5 professional references with contact information.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: Yes
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Pediatrics Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge