Williams is pleased to announce the opening for an Animal Caretaker in the Science Center. This is a full-time, year-round, regular appointment reporting to the Science Center Manager and Safety Officer. The Animal Caretaker, working with other animal care employees, assists in the care of laboratory animals, including but not limited to feeding, cleaning, and other health and wellbeing efforts. In addition, they will assist with the general maintenance and cleaning of the facility and its equipment.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Provide care for animals housed in the facility including routine cleaning of caging and the facility overall as well as providing food, water and other health maintenance support
- Monitor and maintain records of health and wellbeing of animals under care
- Perform daily or weekly maintenance checks on equipment to ensure proper function and proactively identify potential issues or concerns
- Assist faculty with husbandry efforts including identifying animal candidates, proper housing, weaning etc.
- Weekend and holiday coverage in rotation with other animal care staff may be required.
- Other tasks as determined by senior facility staff
- High school diploma or equivalent. Having an aptitude or interest in science is desirable.
- Willingness to obtain Assistant Lab Animal Technician (ALAT) certification within one year of hire
- Must be comfortable working with/handling common vertebrate lab animals (rats, mice, fish, birds, amphibians, etc.)
- Ability to pay close attention to detail is critical.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds with assistance.
Resume review will begin on May 10, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. Pay starts at $16.50/hour, commensurate with experience. Job Band 18. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Veterinary Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown