Undergraduate Freshman Admissions Counselor
The Undergraduate Freshman Admissions Counselor supports the undergraduate enrollment efforts of the university by providing admissions information to prospective or newly admitted students. Contributes to communication materials and represents the University at offsite locations including freshman fairs and feeder high schools.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
• Coordinates recruitment activities for assigned region and/or feeder colleges.
• Interacts with prospective students, families and the general public.
• Travels for recruitment activities such as conducting information sessions, college fairs and on-campus events.
•Reviews freshman applications and makes admissions decisions.
• Provides creative support in the development of recruitment marketing materials and communications including letters, brochures, website postings, electronic mail, social media, and other mediums.
• Fosters and develop relationships with feeder high schools, community organizations or other recruitment sources.
• Maintains accurate records on all recruitment and yield activities. Compiles and reports on recruitment initiatives and data.
• Monitors application progress and audits student records to ensure accuracy of completion of application materials.
• Reviews progress, evaluates results, implements new processes, and promotes best practices.
• Assist with the implementation of articulation agreements with partner universities.
•Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
One year of professional full-time experience in student recruitment, admissions, or related field.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Ability to travel throughout the state of Florida.
Experience in higher education, public relations, communication, or public speaking.
Experience using admissions Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology.
Bilingual: English/Spanish and/or English/Creole.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to the position.
Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete assignments within deadlines.
Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
Ability to understand, interpret, apply, and explain applicable policies and procedures.
Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to present to large groups.
$38,000 - $40,000
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers