University Code 10111 University Title Academic Affairs Coordinator 1-3 University Job Family Academic & Faculty Affairs ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Admissions Counselor Position Number 578010 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Honors College Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Honors College is inviting applications for the position of Admissions Counselor. This individual will be responsible for coordinating and applying knowledge of Honors College admissions procedures to assist in the recruitment, enrollment and retention of high achieving students. The Admissions Counselor will efficiently and effectively communicate information regarding admissions procedures and policies to prospective students, faculty, staff, and community members. The Admissions Counselor will advise and inform students and various stakeholders regarding the Honors curriculum, guaranteed admissions programs, eligibility requirements and overall benefits of the Honors College. In addition, this position will have an academic advising caseload of Honors students. The Admissions Counselor will provide direct support for Honors College services and activities. Specific duties will include but are not limited to, providing support to the Associate Dean and Director of Admissions in all aspects of student recruitment and admissions, counseling with prospective students and families on admissions requirements, maintaining the Honors College database, providing support for Honors College scholarships and student programming.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Masters degree or training and experience that equates to a master’s degree.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Contributes to a positive team culture.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a university professional at VCU .
- Ability to work accurately and with an attention to detail in various administrative tasks with a large number of student/parent inquiries during peak admissions periods.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Proficiency in Banner
- Previous experience in a university setting
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $38,000 - $40,000 Application Process/Additional Information
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by May 1, 2021.
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 hours/week Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 04/07/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled No Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104970 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Masters degree?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond