Computer Support Analyst - (STA007187)
Performs technical support activities in a college or division, to include data analysis, research and/or maintenance of personal computers.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains departmental hardware and software; provides technical assistance to departmental staff and/or faculty.
- Maintains a database and analyzes data using a variety of scientific software packages.
- Generates spreadsheets, reports and other documents.
- May maintain or help maintain the department's web page.
- May develop or assist in developing training materials and train staff to use computer applications; may develop and maintain system documentation.
- May assist professional programming staff (systems analysts, user support specialists, operating systems programmers, etc.) and acquire knowledge to provide professional computer support to staff and/or faculty.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Associates and 1 year experience.
Requires the ability and knowledge for analysis and interpretation of procedures, policies and practices attainable through specific education and/or training programs in a specialty or technical field. Advanced vocational or electronic skills or a basic knowledge of a professional field is required.
An Associate's degree or certification/licensing in a technical specialty program of over 18 months and up to 3 years duration are characteristic of this field.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.