Post Doctoral Fellow - (STA007084)
The position will be 100% research on meteoritical materials. The research pursued is expected to be within the scope of the Emerging Worlds NASA award funding the position. Writing manuscripts on the obtained results for publication in scientific journals will be required. Writing grant proposals within the Facility scope will be encouraged. Mentoring of students in the clean lab, and training students and visitors on the instruments and in the clean lab will be encouraged.
Possesses, understands, and applies a comprehensive knowledge in area of specialization. Develops understanding and skills to allow for completion of assignments that cross fields of specialization. Develops leadership and management skills.
- Receives/Reviews progress and evaluates results of experiments or projects under control or supervisory responsibility.
- Recommends changes in research, testing or experimental procedures.
- May be responsible for a single highly technical and complex piece of research equipment.
- May review and evaluate the effectiveness of personnel.
- May plan for and assign personnel to projects under control.
- Operates with latitude for unreviewed action.
- May receive general supervision conferring with higher levels only in unusual situations.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
PhD and No experience
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge, normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.No experience is required.
A PhD is required and would prefer 1- a minimum of 2 years of clean lab experience for processing meteoritical materials, and 2 – a minimum of 2 years of experience using the TIMS for ultra-high precision Os isotope measurements.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston