Junior Business Analyst/Office Administrator
About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine and among the best regional universities in the north by U.S. News and World Report, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.
- Provide administrative support to the Department of Information Technology.
- Provide business analysis and project management support to the PMO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform general administrative duties such as phone calls, email, ordering office supplies, scanning, copying, filing, and sorting incoming / outgoing mail
- Tracking of credit card payments and receipts
- Vendor invoice, payment and contract maintenance for software and services
- Maintenance and reconciliation of department budget to accounts payable
- Coordination of University telephone and cable bills
- Scheduling and coordination of department meetings and events
- Assistance with travel arrangements for office staff
- Assist with the preparation of technical documentations and presentations
- Manage departmental knowledge base including presentations, handbooks, guides, policies, newsletters, proposals and website content
- Perform data entry maintaining departmental information such as equipment inventory and accounts
- Address office equipment needs and problems
- Research information as needed for analysis by department
- Project Management and Business Analysis tasks as assigned
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All other job-related duties as requested by the AVP/CIO. Individual may also assist other members of the Office of Information Technology, as needed.
- High school diploma or GED and 3 years of office experience required.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and be comfortable communicating and working with a wide variety of people from both inside and outside the University.
- This position requires an individual with outstanding organizational skills who is able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a team player yet have the ability to work independently.
- Must possess excellent computer skills; confidently employ office technology; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook etc) and willing to increase skills as needed.
- Working knowledge of MS Project is highly desirable.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.