Assistant Professor in the area of Social Psychology.
Ca’ Foscari is a research intensive institution committed to competing for international scientific excellence through the recruitment of the best academic talents worldwide. Talented young researchers and experienced senior professors make Ca’ Foscari a stimulating environment for career development and research freedom. Our university is committed to research excellence, funding promising researchers and developing international partnerships. As a leading research university, Ca’ Foscari explores cutting-edge research directions across disciplinary boundaries, setting a new agenda designed around six global challenges.
Ca’ Foscari is looking for a researcher in the area of Social Psychology capable of inspiring students to become game-changers in their own fields and to make a genuine difference in the world.
The researcher will be responsible for the following research and teaching activities within the Department of Philosophy and Cultural Heritage:
1) Research aimed at understanding the relationships between collective and societal events and processes and social, individual and group psychological that influence social systems and sub-systems and are influenced by them, also with reference to cooperative and learning relations in educational and professional contexts.
2) Development and implementation of research projects to be submitted to competitive calls;
3) Teaching activities (for at least 60 hours) at the BA- MA- and doctoral level in introductory, theoretical and methodological as well as more specialized courses within philosophy, social and educational sciences curricula and in teachers’ education.
This position is at the Department of Philosophy and Cultural Heritage, whose aim is to provide students with the knowledge to develop those interpretive, critical, analytical and communication skills that are necessary to understand and navigate the complexities of life in the 21st century.
The Department fosters a positive and respectful environment for
faculty and students, where diversity is embraced and new ideas are
The Department’s uniqueness is exemplified by its multidisciplinary and innovative approach to Philosophy, Art History, Social Sciences and Education Sciences, its four main areas of interest.
Thematic study centers, strong international ties, close attention to local issues and sustainable development themes all contribute to the attractiveness of the Department.
Since its foundation in 1868, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice has been a leader in Economics and Foreign Languages and Cultures. Today, Ca’ Foscari is exploring new frontiers in research, focusing on Climate Change, Digital Humanities, Digital and Social Innovation, and Nanosciences. An intellectual powerhouse of international repute in the heart of the city of Venice, Ca’ Foscari provides a one-of-a-kind blend of scientific research, cultural heritage and history, offering a life-changing experience to its students and researchers, with a transformative impact on the local community.
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice has also obtained the full Human Resources Strategy for Researchers certificate, a set of initiatives to improve work conditions for researchers and to attract talents worldwide. Ca’ Foscari provides applicants with exclusive services and onboarding initiatives. Our Housing office will help you search for a suitable and convenient accommodation, matching your needs and preferences with the available options.
If you are a non-Italian applicant or if you have resided outside of Italy for more than 3 years, you will benefit from a favorable tax treatment for the first 6 years of the contract.
Read the call here: https://www.unive.it/data/38002/?id=2021-UNVE000-0023070
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Italy
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Italy
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Italy
- Psychology Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Italy