Associate Director for Recruitment and Outreach
Job Summary The Associate Director for Recruitment and Outreach plays a lead role in the design and implementation of a comprehensive recruitment strategy that will help meet the law school’s enrollment goals. This position requires strong communication and interpersonal skills, experience with customer relationship management software, and the ability to use data to support, design, and evaluate recruitment initiatives. This position calls for an innovative individual who will bring a growth mindset and good sense of humor to a genuinely collaborative team. Apply Here: https://lewisandclark.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/staff/job/Law-Campus/Associate-Director-for-Recruitment-and-Outreach_R-001798 Application Requirements:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
- Help the Assistant Dean plan and execute a data-informed recruitment strategy designed to improve overall quality and increase diversity of the incoming class.
- Create and run reports that evaluate the effectiveness of various recruitment initiatives.
- Develop strong relationships with pre-law advisors and student groups, and develop both in-person and virtual programming that meets their needs.
Present to both individuals and groups on and
off-campus at events such as law school fairs,
LSAC Forums, graduate school events, diversity events, at individual colleges, and in other educational settings.
- Play a lead role in the planning and execution of both virtual and in-person recruitment events, such as webinars, open houses, online info sessions, and virtual campus tours.
- Represent the law school at local, regional, and national recruitment events.
- Select and coordinate the use of faculty, alumni and current students to attend recruitment events locally and around the country.
- Educate prospective students about the law school’s programs, community, and application requirements, and then steward them through the admission process.
- Help train admissions recruiters and make regular updates to the admissions recruitment manual.
- Work with the Assistant Dean to design and develop a mass communication strategy.
- Direct outreach to prospective students through the use of social media, mail, and other media.
- Capture and interpret feedback from target audiences through the use of evaluative tools, such as surveys and focus groups.
- Work with the institutional Financial Aid Office to coordinate all communications regarding financial aid, seat deposits, and merit scholarships.
- Oversee regular updates to the admissions website, as well as annual updates to all print publications and admit communications.
- Work with the law school and institutional communications staff to create content for the law school website, design ads, and create other key marketing communications.
- Assist with the creation of video and other digital content aimed at engaging admitted students.
- Review JD applications, conduct admissions interviews, and make admission recommendations.
- Monitor and manage the weekly workflow of certain faculty/student admissions committees.
- Advise admitted students on academic programs, financial aid, scholarship opportunities, and post-graduate outcomes.
- Connect admitted students with students, faculty, and other staff in a manner that builds rapport with the entire law school community.
- Help plan and carry out in-person and virtual admitted student events.
- Manage admitted student portal content and update other admitted student resources.
- Oversee the selection of donor-named scholarship recipients and make recommendations to the Assistant Dean.
- Work with the Admissions Office Coordinator to recruit, manage and coordinate student admissions volunteers.
- Work with the Office of Student Affairs to facilitate smooth onboarding of new 1L students and assist with fall orientation programming.
- Help hire, train, and supervise part-time admissions interviewers.
- Train staff and volunteers, as needed.
- Help train new faculty committee members how to review files and record evaluations
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university or college.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Ability to travel independently by air, auto, train, or bus and possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends during peak times.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills, and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated proficiency in collecting, interpreting, and accurately reporting data to a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to make data-informed decisions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Google Workspace, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and ACES2.
- Comfort with learning and leveraging technology to reach solutions and improve processes.
- Commitment to excellent customer service and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a close-knit team.
- A curiosity to learn and desire for continued self-improvement and betterment of the workplace.
- Commitment to equity, inclusion, and the law school’s mission and core values.
- JD or an advanced degree in a related field from an accredited university or college.
- 5-9 years of relevant experience
- Professional experience in law school admissions.
- Experience using Slate enrollment management platform or other customer relationship management software.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premier Pro.
- Experience using LiveWhale CMS.
- Moderate travel (flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends during peak times)
- Commensurate with Experience
- Bending, Standing, Driving, Sitting, Walking, Grasping/Gripping, Pushing/Pulling, Repetitive hand movements, Seeing, Talking, Hearing
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Portland
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Portland
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Portland
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Portland
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Portland