The position serves in the role of supporting the Chief Financial Officer. Acting in a confidential manner, this position provides assistance in executive secretarial, clerical, and administrative duties, in concert with assisting with legal and administrative obligations for the University.
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Manage the Chief Financial Officer's calendar and appointments.
- Carry out the Chief Financial Officer's specific policies and criteria for calendar and appointments.
- Ensure that Chief Financial Officer is aware of internal and external deadlines, i.e., such as weekly updates for the EVP of Finance & Administration, monthly updates for the Board of Trustees, quarterly Finance and Investment Committee board packs.
- Coordinate the posting of the quarterly and ad hoc packages for the Finance and Investment Committee to Diligent with the EA for the EVP of Finance and Administration.
- Coordinate communications with the EA of EVP of Finance & Administration, as needed.
- Greet visitors to the office and direct them to the appropriate area.
- Keep accurate vacation records for Chief Financial Officer and those that report to her.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer in the contract approval process.
- Create presentation materials such as PowerPoint slideshows, charts, graphs, etc., as needed.
- Assist in the organization of electronic and hard copy files.
- Maintain front desk area, pleasantly greet and assist incoming visitors, direct callers to the main phone line & walk-in inquiries to appropriate parties, and hand out checks held for pick-up.
- Provide general office support, including distribute mail, call in maintenance for office equipment, and process online supply orders.
- Confirm meetings with outside guests; arrange for reserved parking or rides to/from the train station; ensure that guests know how to navigate to campus by providing direction.
- Enter and reconcile accounts payable - related journal entries; maintain journal entry files; prepare and enter Student Activity group budget transfers.
- Review requests for payment (confirm appropriate supporting documentation, approvals, charge codes, and sales tax exemptions where appropriate; ensure timely processing for discount optimization).
- Daily input of vouchers for payment.
- Prepare payment requisitions for Finance department invoices.
- Run quarterly report of open Purchase Orders, review and research as necessary.
- Follow up on outstanding issues; escalate to AP Supervisor & Assistant Controller as appropriate.
- Process stop payment requests.
- Match Accounts Payable checks to payment vouchers (validate remit-to addresses, voucher numbers, amounts, etc.); maintain Accounts Payable files.
- Maintain Vendor Master File; review change reports against supporting documentation.
- Prepare UPS mailings as needed.
- Prepare Wire Transfer and ACH Request forms for payment.
- Maintain Authorized Signature forms and summary log.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Strong computer skills for using Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google/Gmail, etc.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Strong ability to be discrete and maintain high confidentiality on a wide range of issues.
- Ability to deal with others both in and out of the university system in a pleasant and efficient manner.
- Five years of office experience is required.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor degrees a plus.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2516