Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Life Sciences Testing Center (LSTC) at Northeastern University is seeking dedicated and motivated individuals to join their team in Burlington, MA. The Accessioner will report to the General Supervisor on duty and be responsible for performing sample accessioning in a CLIA Certified COVID-19 Molecular Diagnostics testing lab. This includes, but is not limited to, sample receiving and data entry in a fast-paced, high-throughput environment according to compliance regulations and established standard operating procedures. Other duties may be assigned.
This is a 12-month term position with the possibility of renewal depending on funding and business need.
- Receive all samples for clinical testing
- Data entry through scanning into LIMS database
- Perform internal audits and data collection as
- Prepare samples for analysis and testing
- Collaborate with clinical lab staff to ensure testing
- Complete data entry in an accurate and timely manner
- Report to General Supervisors and document any problems with
AS or BS degree in biological sciences preferred
- Previous experience in CLIA lab and/or working with human
samples strongly preferred
- High level of attention to detail
- Proven ability to work well independently and within a
- Maintain composure while working under pressure
- Reflect good judgment at all times when determining what action
to take when resolving problems
- Comply with safety practices befitting a BSL-2 and BSL-3
environment (i.e. PPE, BSC)
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/503873