Assistant Women's Basketball Coach, Instructor (FA21084)
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach, Instructor (FA21084)
Division: Finance and Administration
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Unit: Intercollegiate Athletics209, IFO
Employment Condition: Fixed Term
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until finalists are selected (not prior to April 28, 2021).
POSITION: Nine-month fixed-term appointment*
DATE OF APPOINTMENT: June 2021
Salary Maximum: Depends on Qualifications
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 209, IFO
Primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to: monitoring student-athlete academic development and well-being; assisting with recruiting qualified student-athletes; off-campus recruiting; practice and game planning; on the floor coaching in practice and game situations; commitment to player development; scouting opponents; assisting with organizing and directing camps and clinics; assisting in fundraising activities; committing to University and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree. (Conferred on an official transcript at the time of application.)
- Minimum one-year collegiate coaching or operations experience at a 4-year institution in the sport of basketball.
- Experience recruiting qualified student-athletes in the Mid-West.
- Experience scouting opponents using scout software technology.
- Commitment to a responsibility of adhering to all policies, rules and regulations of Minnesota State University, Mankato, the NSIC, and the NCAA.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Master’s Degree completed or in progress.
- Demonstrated ability to coach highly talented student-athletes to succeed in a challenging academic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a competitive, collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational skills to help operate a highly successful basketball program.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, leadership skills, to build positive relationships with student-athletes, campus community, alumni and athletic department.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
*Please note that this is a fixed-term (non-tenure track) appointment. A fixed-term appointment is an appointment for a limited period of time and is to be used only when the position to be filled is clearly of a temporary nature or when a permanent position needs to be filled for a temporary period. Fixed-term employment terminates at the end of the appointment period and carries no implication for future employment.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Head Women’s Basketball Coach
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the IFO Summary (Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M129M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date: 06/01/2021
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 04/07/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1849
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.