Clinical Lab Scientist General Supervisor
Clinical Lab Scientist General Supervisor
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
For the Life Sciences Testing Center (LSTC) on Northeastern University Innovation Campus at Burlington, we seek a Clinical Lab Scientist General Supervisor (CLS-GS) to perform complex laboratory procedures, including for the detection of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, in a prompt, accurate, and reliable manner according to established procedures and quality control guidelines. The CLS - GS will be responsible for specimen processing, test performance, reporting test results, performing quality control, and verifying that the controls are in range. The CLS-GS will review results for accuracy and precision; repeating tests or performing confirmatory tests as appropriate. This is an 18-month term positions with the possibility of renewal depending on funding and business need.
- Analyzes clinical laboratory specimen following standard
methods and procedures.
- Judges the adequacy and qualities of specimens submitted for
- Correctly verifies that the proper specimen is being analyzed
for the appropriate patients and that the appropriate test is being
- Performs quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of
- Validates test results through correlation with test parameters
and QC metrics.
- Confirms testing on all abnormal values to ensure accuracy
prior to releasing of test results.
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on
instruments and equipment.
- Performs and documents instrument function by checking and
calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
- Records on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and
maintenance needed of equipment.
- Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies, document
all quality control activities, instrument and procedural
calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follows the laboratory's established non-conformance policies
and procedures whenever test systems are not within the
laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identifies issues that may adversely affect test performance or
the reporting of test results and addresses the same.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems
deviate from the laboratory's established performance
- Understands safety procedures relating to a laboratory to
include handling of infectious biological agents as well as
potentially hazardous chemicals; appropriate hazardous clean up
procedures; universal precautions and infection control
- Trains laboratory assistants on proper techniques/procedures
related to clinical laboratory practice.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required, advanced degree
- Clinical Lab Scientist Licensure preferred
- Experience in and daily management of CLIA Accredited clinical
- 2 years laboratory experience and training minimum in high
complexity Molecular Environment
- Manual bench PCR experience
- RNA extraction experience
- NGS experience preferred
- ThermoFisher PCR machine knowledge preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated good judgment and decision-making
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/503343