Information Systems Technical Analyst
Information Systems Technical Analyst
Athens State University
Work with a team of professionals in Information Technology Services (ITS) to provide data management, transfer, and reporting services to the University in general and provide direct support to ERP system functional users in evaluating, coordinating, implementing and testing new applications, patches and upgrades. The position is responsible for completing assigned duties in daily operations, new system development and implementation, and legacy system maintenance in relation to data management, data transfer services, business process integration, storage, security, access, and reporting functions. This position requires knowledge of university business processes at both the customer and the technical level.
- Serve as the ITS technical liaison for the Ellucian Banner
systems including General, Finance, Financial Aid, Human Resources,
- Provide systems level support to functional users by
troubleshooting functional module problems, assist with the
submission of service requests with the ERP vendor, and coordinate
- Analyze, suggest, and plan ERP system enhancements.
- Assist in determining project scope and resources needed to
ensure successful ERP system project completions.
- Provide technical support and coordination of ERP system
patches, patches, upgrades, and testing.
- Develop technical processes for both the ERP and associated
applications as required to support business processes and data
transfer requirements in functional areas.
- Develop and distribute ERP system functional and technical
documentation, functional module patches/upgrades notices, and
- Work collaboratively with Institutional Research Coordinator,
the Information Systems Coordinator, the DBA, and University data
stewards on data management issues related to Banner and the IR
data warehouse (DW).
- Use a variety of data management and reporting tools such as
Argos, Excel, TOAD, and SQL to extract data, write & distribute
reports, and analyze data as needed.
- Support the transition of report writing, data retrieval, and
statistical analysis functions to University personnel as
appropriate to empower departments and personnel to complete work
independent of ITS when possible.
- Work toward establishing data query and report writing process
standards to improve efficiency and accuracy of data.
- Create and maintain technical and functional documentation for
all processes developed that promotes knowledge transfer and
maintenance/reuse of queries and routines.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and implementation
of policies and procedures that will ensure that data quality and
accuracy is maintained.
- Serve on ERP system committees and project teams responsible
for application software implementation and upgrades.
- Manage work assignments with supervisor based on established
ITS service level agreements while remaining flexible to meet new
- Develop with supervisor a professional development plan
annually to include activities/training to improve technical skills
and maintain currency in data management and analysis.
- Cross train where assigned by supervisor for technical coverage
in related areas in ITS.
- Work toward continuous improvement of ITS efficiency and
end-user empowerment in support of the University
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing work scope
and tasks based on need.
- Actively work towards building cooperative and collaborative
relationships with peers and internal faculty and staff.
- Maintain “open door” to internal and external
- Identify opportunities for improvements to work practices and
offer viable solutions for implementation.
- Proactively engage in problem solving related to tasks in this
position with internal and external people.
- Routinely practice self-monitoring by assessing self to make
improvements or take corrective action to improve
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Two years of experience providing technical development and support of ERP systems and associated applications used in higher education.
• Two years of experience in a position with primary duties involving the use of Argos, Excel, and database query, extraction, and manipulation tools.
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with Ellucian Banner.
• Working knowledge of accounting information systems, e-payment gateways, and human resource functional record management & regulations.
SALARY: Salary Band: P357
To view salary schedules, visit: https://www.athens.edu/about/offices/human-resources/salary-schedule-tables/
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
Special Instructions to Applicants
Unofficial transcripts should be from the college or university which verifies minimum qualifications for the position. Upon an offer of employment, official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be submitted. Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
Please provide contact information for three professional references on your application.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.athens.edu/postings/search
About Athens State University
Located in historic Athens, Alabama, Athens State University offers junior and senior-level coursework to community college graduates and transfer students holding sufficient credits from other institutions. Presently, over 3,100 students have selected Athens State because of its neighborly environment where 50 majors and degree programs are offered, with courses taught by a supportive and exceptional faculty. Approximately 80% of the students are enrolled in at least one online course. The typical student is a working adult who commutes. Recently, the University was featured in the 2015 Best Value Online College Rankings by OnlineU.org for four online programs including computer science, accounting, education and human resources. The University offers undergraduate degree programs in Liberal Arts, Teacher Preparation, and Business. The University employs more than 350 full and part-time employees with approximately 90 full-time faculty members in three colleges: College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, and College of Education. Seventy-five percent of the full-time faculty members hold a terminal degree. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Athens, Alabama is located in north Alabama equidistant between Nashville, TN and Birmingham, AL. Athens is home to several events and festivals that have been featured as the Southeast Tourism Society’s “Top 20 Events in the Southeast” including the Athens Storytelling Festival and the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention.
In accordance with Athens State University Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from that criminal background check.
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement Athens State University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. Athens State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, religion, genetic information, or veteran status in employment, or admissions to or participation in educational programs and activities. Inquiries or concerns may be addressed to the Office of the Vice President of Enrollment and Student Support Services, 300 N. Beaty St., Athens, AL 35611, 256- 233-8175.