Technician II Flow Cytometry
Technician II Flow Cytometry
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Institute for Chemical Imaging of Living Systems (CILS) at Northeastern University is an exciting new initiative at Northeastern University in Boston. The goal of the institute is to develop new chemical detection modalities based upon nanosensor technologies that allow visualization and quantification of chemical processes in animals. The team is composed of 20 Northeastern faculty working to leverage emerging opportunities in nanoprobe development, advanced imaging modalities, probe delivery, in vivo electronics, and in vivo imaging.
- Perform, develop, and successfully implement various procedures and tests
- Operation, calibration, and maintenance of the flow cytometer and related equipment
- Plan experiments, record data, and interpret and document the results
- Prepares reagent stock and working solutions
- Monitors proper use and consumption of reagents and materials
- Teach and train other lab members as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology, Biology. Chemistry, or related field with 2-3 years of flow cytometry or other clinical laboratory experience OR PhD in Medical Technology, Biology. Chemistry, or related field with 0-1 years of relevant lab experience
- Good hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to report test results, solve problems and/or design simple systems and programs
- ASCP certification
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented and results-driven professional
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/505970