Administrative Assistant - Part-time
Administrative Assistant - Part-time
Job ID: 225474
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0240152 - Continuing Ed-OEM/Savannah
This position works with programming staff to plan, coordinate, and provide online and onsite support for professional development, customized training, personal enrichment, test preparation, and lifelong learning programs, as well as summer camps in Savannah, Hinesville, and surrounding areas.
This is a part-time position working 28 hours per week.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Assist with the coordination of online professional development and personal enrichment programs
- Serve as liaison for military personnel who want to enroll in non-credit programs
- Maintain student and program information in various online portals
- Provide online and onsite support for professional development, customized training, personal enrichment, test preparation, and lifelong learning programs, as well as summer camps in Savannah, Hinesville, and surrounding areas
- Assist in the evaluation of programs to ensure quality, client satisfaction, and return on investment
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, visitors, attendees, staff, and faculty
- Follow all university and departmental processes for reporting and maintaining program records
- Associate's Degree
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience in program planning or higher education
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two (2) or more years of experience in revenue-generating program planning
$14.86 per hour
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Schedule of Availability
- Three (3) professional references
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to learn and effectively use new software programs and navigate online portals
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Ability to work effectively with organizations, program participants, faculty, staff and subject matter experts
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Knowledge of assessment methods to ensure program quality and client satisfaction
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Excellent time-management and problem-solving skills
Apply Before Date
April 26, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with
or without reasonable accommodation
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=225474&PostingSeq=1