Assistant Professor of Biology (Tenure Track)
The College of St. Scholastica invites applications for a biology faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning August 2021. The successful applicant will have an earned doctorate in biology, physiology or closely related field and will contribute to the human anatomy and physiology sequences and other lower and upper division courses as appropriate. A background teaching human/animal or plant physiology is preferred. Interest and experience teaching in an online environment is also desirable. The individual hired will be expected to teach 24-contact hours/academic year, foster a culture of inclusion in the classroom, participate in faculty committee work, and develop a research program with undergraduates. The department values diversity among its faculty and strongly encourages applications from women and underrepresented groups. This position is a 9-month, full-time, tenure track appointment.
- Teach human anatomy lecture/lab and other courses as appropriate.
- Participate in the work of The College through faculty committees, governance and other opportunities.
- Contribute to and participate in fostering a culture of inclusion in support of College diversity goals.
- Ph. D. in biology, physiology, or a closely related field awarded by start of contract.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse populations, cross-cultural communication, and multicultural competency.
- College teaching experience
- Experience with online pedagogy in science.
- Expertise or desire to contribute to the undergraduate research program in the department.
The College of St. Scholastica is a thriving independent private college with its main campus overlooking Lake Superior in Duluth, extended campuses throughout Minnesota and vibrant online programs that attract learners from around the world. Since 1912, The College of St. Scholastica (CSS) has been preparing students for responsible living and meaningful work by emphasizing the Catholic Benedictine values upon which it was founded: Community, Hospitality, Respect, Stewardship and Love of Learning. At CSS, equity and inclusion are viewed as key ingredients to academic excellence and student success.
The College serves students in undergraduate and graduate degree programs throughout six schools— nursing, arts and letters, business and technology, education, health sciences, and sciences. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks CSS among the best colleges and universities in the region for academic excellence.
For more information and to apply, visit www.csshrjobs.com. The College of St. Scholastica is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is rich in diversity, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty and staff. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Duluth
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Duluth
- Biology & Life Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Duluth