Bridgewater College is seeking an experienced full-time Associate Registrar.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Associate Registrar is an integral member of the Registrar’s team who provides leadership and support for course scheduling and registration, senior audit processing, academic record maintenance, course transfer evaluations, and Veteran’s Administration program compliance. The Associate Registrar reports directly to the Registrar.
To fulfill job responsibilities, the Associate Registrar will:
- Oversee maintenance for the security and accuracy of student academic records.
- Evaluate and award transfer and advanced placement credits for both current and prospective students.
- Assist students with academic and registration concerns, working with faculty and staff to resolve issues.
- Update approved curriculum revisions for processing student audits and publishing academic catalogs.
- Serve as a School Certifying Official (SCO) for Veteran’s benefits, certifying student enrollments.
- Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) for the Student & Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
- Assist the Registrar with new student orientation and registration.
- Assist the Registrar with graduation and commencement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Registrar.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s degree (preferred)
- Five or more years of experience in higher education, especially in a student records or service area.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge and capacity to understand how enterprise resource planning (ERP) and student information systems (SIS) operate. Experience with Ellucian Colleague preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with deadlines.
- Creative problem solving skills.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Bridgewater College was founded in 1880 as the first coeducational college in Virginia. Bridgewater offers bachelor’s degrees in approximately 60 majors and minors, along with four graduate programs, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, and teacher licensure. The College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 23 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant residential campus is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, one of the state's lowest crime rates, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION: Please complete the online application at http://www.bridgewater.edu/careers and attach a cover letter, resume and three letters of reference.
DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position is open until filled.
Bridgewater College is an equal opportunity provider, committed to employing a diverse faculty and staff, and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally under-represented groups.
Bridgewater College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, veteran status, or political affiliation in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic programs, or other college programs and activities, or with regard to employment.
ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT AND ANNUAL FIRE SAFETY
The Bridgewater College Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report summarizes policies on campus security and personal safety, crime prevention, fire safety, and crime reporting, and includes crime and fire statistics for the past three years.
The reports are available at https://bridgewater.box.com/s/4ma6tlh30y8cat9un192ugo3dm6n29y9
To request a printed copy, please call 540-828-5761