Vice President for Student Affairs
Delta State University
Vice President for Student Affairs
Position Type: Administrative
Department: Vice President for Student Affairs
Posting Number: 201201100
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Tenure/Non-Tenure: Non-Tenure Track
Salary Basis: 12 month
Delta State University (DSU) seeks a highly motivated individual to serve as its next Vice President for Student Affairs. The successful applicant should be a forward thinking, strategic executive committed to growing the university's enrollment and enhancing the overall student experience. We are looking for an out-of-the-box thinker who is able to connect with regional high schools and community colleges, build relationships and strategic partnerships while also developing the co-curricular experiences of students. While university experience is a plus, we welcome applications from non-traditional sources expressing how they might reimagine university recruitment and student services.
The Vice President for Student Affairs serves as the chief student affairs officer for the university and is responsible for the overall strategic direction, leadership, administration, and management of the Division of Student Affairs. The Division of Student Affairs includes student engagement, student life, residential life, financial assistance, student conduct, student counseling services, disability services, career services, admissions, and campus safety.
This position is a direct report to the President and is a member of the president's executive team.
- Provides the overall vision, management, leadership, and
administrative direction for all student affairs and support staff
and ensure coordination of programs and services.
- Participates in the development and implementation of a
comprehensive, integrated student life program that is supported by
a clear mission statement for the division, achievable department
goals, and extensive co-curricular learning goals.
- Builds partnerships and create more synergies with academic
affairs colleagues to enhance the comprehensive student experience
at DSU and ensures the highest quality student experience that
maximizes student persistence to graduation.
- Aligns student affairs to help improve recruitment, retention,
graduation rates, campus life, and the overall student campus
- Provides articulation, advocacy, and problem resolution with
students as they interact with each other, faculty, staff, the
University, and the community.
- Plans, creates, administers and assesses existing student
affairs programs, while developing innovative methods for providing
services, for engaging staff in short- and long-range strategic
planning, and for implementing successful outreach efforts to
continuing students and their families.
- Works closely with the Student Affairs' departments and
divisions to ensure consistency regarding, operations, policy
implementation and enforcement.
- Works with the various committees to design and implement
emergency protocols pertaining to campus life and student
- Works collaboratively with the University administration for
long range planning including space needs, budgets, capital
expenses, and facilities related to student life as well as
enrollment and retention goals.
- Oversees the fiscal and personnel management of the division;
and oversee the budgets of the departments to ensure sound fiscal
- Plans, directs, and evaluates all in-service training of the
Student Affairs division.
- Serves on internal and/or external ad hoc and permanent campus
committees and task forces.
- Represents the University at official University and community
- Supervises comprehensive programs of student activities to
include cultural, social, and intellectual programs.
- Plans and directs the editing of the Student Handbook, as well
as sections of the Undergraduate Bulletin and Graduate
- Manages the student conduct process, including policies and
processes, and handle conflict resolution through
- Develops strategic partnerships with local and regional
community colleges and high schools to attract and retain
- Ensures institutional compliance with all federal, state,
System and University regulations and policies.
- Works collaboratively with the Office of the Provost, Academic
Deans and members of the President's Executive Team to develop and
promote an integrated approach to enrollment management.
- Provides involvement and leadership opportunities to students,
and serve as a resource for students and families.
- Serves as a resource for the Greek system and all student
- Collaborates with other members of the university community
regarding university critical incident preparedness; oversee
proactive risk management efforts in Student Affairs.
- Other duties as assigned by the President of the
• Qualified candidates will possess a Masters with a preferred concentration in Student Development, Counseling, Administration, or related field.
• Doctorate preferred with a minimum of 10 years of experience in higher education or related field with administrative and supervisory experience and proven record of working with high schools and community colleges.
• Teaching experience in higher education is beneficial with 5-10 years of experience in areas of Student Life.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• An understanding of state and federal programs, agencies and laws that specifically address higher education and student issues.
• Working knowledge of current trends in higher education for student programming and implementation of effective practices and programs that assist in increasing the university’s rates of student engagement, retention and graduation.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, customer service, and leadership skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the university amongst diverse populations including staff, faculty, administration, students and other internal and external constituents.
• Ability to apply strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills and train and evaluate performance, taking corrective action as needed and dealing with stressful situations while maintaining composure.
• A strong understanding of academic issues and how student programs enhance the overall academic experience.
• Demonstrated skills in fostering team building and the ability to engage and motivate the full talents of a diverse staff, inspiring the trust and confidence of the entire University community.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational, be able to work as a team member within a collaborative environment, and have the ability to interact with diverse constituencies.
• Demonstrated experience as a collaborative, results-oriented leader who is skilled at building and maintaining effective and inclusive relationships, budget management, strategic planning, and human resource management. Experience and a successful track record in a culturally diverse environment.
12 monthCommensurate with experience, qualifications, and university’s resources.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts and three letters of recommendation are required for this position.
Requests for letters of recommendation will automatically be generated to the references you list on the application. These individuals will be sent a link to allow them to submit their letter directly to application system.
Review of applications to begin March 5, 2021.
Open Date: 02/05/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Click Here
Delta State University is committed to a policy of equal employment and educational opportunity. Delta State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy extends to all programs and activities supported by the University.