Assistant Professor BASW Social Work Program (Tenure Track)
BASW PROGRAM FACULTY POSITION
Title: Assistant Professor BASW Social Work Program (Tenure Track)
Department: Social Work & Sociology
Term Start: 9/1/2021
Status: Full Time, 10-month, Benefit Eligible
Daemen College seeks applications for one (1) full-time, tenure-track teaching position (ten-month appointment) in its Bachelor of Arts in Social Work Program (BASW).
Applicants must have a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)- accredited program with at least two (2) years of practice and teaching experience at the undergraduate and/or graduate level. A doctoral degree in Social Welfare or related disciplines is strongly desired. Candidates will be considered if they can provide evidence demonstrating they are on a path to timely degree completion. Applicants must be licensed at the Master- or Clinical-level in New York or be willing to pursue, transfer, or renew licensure.
As part of a 4-3 teaching load, the successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate courses in Generalist Practice (specifically practice with individuals, families, and groups); Human Behavior and the Social Environment; and/or develop elective courses focusing on various populations (e.g., persons with disabilities, older adults, refugees and immigrants) or social issues (e.g., racial justice, poverty, behavioral health).
- Assist in the on-going design, implementation, and evaluation of the Social Work & Sociology curriculum;
- Conduct assigned classes in keeping with standards established by Social Work & Sociology faculty and administration in consultation with the Divisional Dean and Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs;
- Assess proficiency of teaching and accomplishments of students in assigned courses at regular and timely intervals;
- Provide advisement to diverse students in preparation for graduation, future academic pursuits, and/or professional social work practice;
- Mentor students in completion of service/research projects, independent studies, and other scholarly activities;
- Keep abreast of field of study/profession by reading current scholarship and attending relevant professional development training and/or conferences;
- Provide evidence of an active and productive research agenda;
- Engage in service through participation with the Institute for Government and Non-Profit Innovation, Training, and Evaluation (IGNITE), field education supervision, or other;
- Perform committee work within BASW Program, Social Work & Sociology Department, and Daemen College including re-accreditation related activities;
- Assist in marketing, communications, and student recruitment activities for BASW Program, Social Work & Sociology Department, and Daemen College;
- Attend meetings called by Daemen College President, SVPAA, Divisional Dean, Department Chair, and/or BASW Program Director; and
- Perform other duties as requested and/or required in accordance with the Daemen College Faculty Handbook.
The Daemen College Bachelor of Arts in Social Work (BASW) program has been accredited by CSWE for over forty years, with its most recent re-accreditation awarded in February 2017.
Qualified applicants should attach a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position; a current curriculum vitae or resume; names and contact information for three (3) references; and all graduate transcripts to http://daemen.applicantpro.com. Incomplete applications or applications submitted via other methods not considered.
Please contact Social Work and Sociology Chair, Dr. Diane Bessel, at email@example.com for more information. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
This is a full-time position. Benefits are available the first of the month following the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental, vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available to full-time employees upon hire and an 8%employer match after one year of service. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus. Apply directly at https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/