Business Intelligence Developer
Business Intelligence Developer
Daemen College is searching for a Business Intelligence Developer to join our enterprise systems team. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Information Management, the BI Developer works to support the data and reporting needs within the college's enterprise and student information system Ellucian Colleague and admissions CRM Technolutions Slate. This position will collaborate with a talented team in design and requirements gathering as well as developing new solutions for data-informed decision making, with a focus on enrollment and retention initiatives.
- Develop and modify reports, dashboards/data visualizations, and data warehouses for campus constituents as needed.
- Primary responsibility for ETL systems development and support.
- Write custom data reports and fulfill complex data requests to support Enrollment Management leadership, admissions initiatives, and other administrative offices at the College.
- Coordinates within the Institutional Research, Registrar's Office, and Information Management for the identification and resolution of data integrity issues.
- Responsible for interpreting organizational needs and presenting data in a way that will drive successful organizational decisions.
- Understanding of and inquisitiveness in technology integration, reporting platforms, records management, and overall approaches to information accuracy.
- Discretion and ability to process confidential information in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Serve as a member of the College's Data & Information Committee to provide leadership for the collection, sharing, and interpretation of data to improve institutional decision-making.
- Participate in project requirements gathering, analysis, and design meetings and collaborative sessions to determine feasibility, provide solution recommendations, and make time and effort estimations for new project requests.
- As part of the Information Management team, partner with Institutional Research to develop and deliver data literacy related training and workshops to campus constituents.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, providing support to end users.
- Identify risks to the organization and discuss risk reduction options with IT leadership.
- Apply knowledge and expertise of departmental processes to make recommendations to departmental users on technical solutions to process needs and problem resolution.
- Work hours may include evenings and weekends as necessary, sometimes with short notice.
- Assist other IT administrators with duties and projects as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to self-directed learning and continuous improvement.
- Stay informed of, and adhere to all college, staff, and departmental policies.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the Information Technology department.
- Possess a bachelor degree, preferably with a technical major, such as computer science, computer information systems, mathematics, data science or related.
- Experience in implementing, development for, or supporting Microsoft SQL Server databases; strong SQL programming skills.
- Experience using query, analysis, and visualization tools including Microsoft SQL SSRS, Entrinsik Informer, Microsoft Power BI, Evisions Argos, IBM Cognos, or Tableau.
- Experience with ETL and data pipeline tools, such as Pentaho Data Integration, Apache Airflow, or Tableau Prep.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated technical flexibility and ability to work with different business areas and new systems/technologies.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague, The Raiser's Edge, or Technolutions Slate.
- Prior higher education experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
For consideration submit letter of interest and resume via http://daemen.applicantpro.com. Review of applicants begins immediately.
This is a full-time, 12 month position. Benefits are available the first of the month following the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental, vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available to full-time employees upon hire and an 8%employer match after one year of service. Excellent time off benefits for holidays, vacation and personal time is included. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications for women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, people of color and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Amherst
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Amherst
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Amherst
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Amherst