Coordinator for the Center for Diversity and Inclusion
Title: Coordinator for the Center for Diversity and Inclusion
Office: Center for Diversity & Inclusion
Reports to: Chief Diversity Officer and Director of Arthur O. Eve HEOP
Requirements: The Coordinator for the Center for Diversity and Inclusion must have a minimum of an earned Bachelor's degree (Master's degree in Higher Education or Counseling preferred) or equivalent work experience; plus, experience multitasking, managing Microsoft Office applications, social media communications and working in a fast-paced office environment. The Coordinator must have the ability to handle tasks without supervision and the ability to interact in a positive and professional manner with students, faculty, administrators, staff and the public. Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the importance of diversity, equity, inclusion and advocacy in a college environment.
Responsibilities: The Coordinator will primarily manage the Center for Diversity and Inclusion. Ancillary duties would include supporting the SPOT (Service, Planning, Options, Transcripts), a one-stop shop for student services, including Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Registrar, and Veteran Services which streamlines essential students services in one convenient location. The Coordinator will lead the SPOT working group, managing the communications texting portal for students' questions, and oversee the SPOT dashboard.
Benefits: This is a full-time, 12-month, non-exempt. Pay is competitive ($17.00-19.00/hr) and includes full College benefits.
Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Manages daily operations and functioning of the Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI), Arthur O. Eve HEOP, and Veterans Services including but not limited to the unit suites, supply needs, and maintaining department websites. Stay current on academic opportunity, access, and diversity and inclusion-related events and news to maintain a current webpage, and assist with providing content for the CDI newsletter.
- Oversee student employees, including training and supervision.
- Participates in a dynamic team that develops and implements (existing/new) innovative co-curricular programs and trainings that result in an anti-bias and anti-racist institutional culture.
- Serves as support to Assistant Director in the facilitation and coordination of cross-cultural engagement and community-building opportunities for students of all backgrounds.
- Manages social media presence for the CDI, including updating all social media initiatives.
- Coordinate regular meetings with SPOT office managers to identify opportunities for efficient delivery of services to students.
- Working with SPOT office managers, assist in the implementation of trainings and procedures that will better serve the campus population.
Climate controlled office setting, but activities/support duties can occur both inside and outside the office setting.
Terms of Employment
The position is non-exempt (hourly), full time, thirty-five hours per week. Regular hours are Monday - Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm, but additional hours may be required for weekend events and other peak periods.
Standard Background Check Required.
This is a full-time, 12 month position. Benefits are available the first of the month following the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental, vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available to full-time employees upon hire and an 8%employer match after one year of service. Excellent time off benefits for holidays, vacation and personal time is included. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
- Various trainings assigned upon hire and annually thereafter by the Office of Employee Engagement.
For consideration, submit resume and cover letter in a single attachment via https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applicants begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus. Apply directly at https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Amherst
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Amherst
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Amherst
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Amherst