Manager, Accounting - Special Funds
Community College of Philadelphia
Reporting to the Director the Manager, Accounting - Special Funds will supervise the daily operation of special fund accounting functions for Student Activities and Athletics, Scholarships and Student Aid (Title IV), Grants Current Restricted, Loan, Agency, Endowment Funds and the College Foundation with special emphasis on computerized financial systems and internal control processes. The Manager, Accounting - Special Funds assists the Director with regulatory compliance associated with certain financial aid programs and grant-funded activity, ensuring the accuracy of certain financial transactions, maintaining the integrity of financial records and reports, performing and overseeing general ledger account analysis, and participating in the preparation of certain monthly and year-end financial reports. This position works closely with departments such as the Office of Institutional Advancement, Financial Aid, Bursar, Human Resources, and other key program staff responsible for managing grants.
• Manage the daily operations and staff of the department to ensure accuracy of financial transactions and integrity of financial records and reports.
• Analyze, audit, and monitor all bank account reconciliations.
• Analyze and prepare monthly, quarterly, and final governmental financial reports and invoices.
• Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to direct reports.
• Maximize the effectiveness of the financial processes and systems as it relates to assigned areas of responsibilities.
• Ensure compliance with internal control requirements.
• Ensure regulatory compliance with external grant funding agencies.
• Maintain related financial records and reports in accordance with GASB requirements.
• Develop and administer grant budgets, Student Activities/Athletics and Foundation budgets.
• Assist financial managers and directors to monitor budgets and reconcile accounts.
• Administer and audit budget relief in the College's unrestricted operating budget.
• Monitor financial compliance with regard to Student Financial Aid Title IV regulations related to reconciliation of COD, G5, student awards, and disbursement of funds.
• Implement Quarterly Effort Certificate Report for all Federal Grants.
• Ensure timely cash requests and returns for all Title IV funded programs including documentation to satisfy federal requirements.
• Provide financial status reporting to project directors.
• Ensure that financial records comply with current accounting standards and are maintained in a manner that permits an accurate, timely fiscal year close for the College.
• Prepare communications and assist with period and year-end closing.
• Support the preparation for internal and external audits of grant-funded projects.
• Responsible for various accounting processes including journal entries, account analysis, and reconciliation of the general ledger system, grants, and fixed asset modules. Assist with the preparation of various financial reports or inquiries.
• Perform purchasing card reconciliations and expense distributions.
• Assist with student refunds, detail codes, and fee assessment setup
• Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with staff; supervision and related college organizational centers.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional helpful and courteous manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of four (4) years experience in accounting, finance (financial analysis and financial management), and/or other directly relevant experience required.
• Strong problem-solving and communication skills required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office 360 and enterprise-level software systems required.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently under tight deadlines and changing priorities required.
• Skill and diplomacy in meeting and dealing with a variety of constituents, both internal and external required.
• Ability to deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.
• Experience in not-for-profit accounting preferred.
• Banner, Argos, and Tableau experience preferred.
• Work experience within a higher education environment preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL
Review of applications will commence on April 21, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Salary Grade or Rank
Salary commensurate with relevant experience
Job Posting Open Date
Type of Position
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note
the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have a minimum of four (4) years experience in
accounting, finance (financial analysis and financial management),
and/or directly relevant experience?
- * Do you have experience in not-for-profit accounting?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office
360 and enterprise-level software systems.
- * Do you have experience using Banner, Argos, and Tableau?
- * Do you have work experience within a higher education
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Business & Administrative Affairs Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Business & Administrative Support Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Financial Affairs Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia