Manager, Accounting - Special Funds
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Manager, Accounting - Special Funds position. Reporting to the Director the Manager, Accounting - Special Funds will supervise the daily operation of special fund accounting functions for Student Activities and Athletics, Scholarships and Student Aid (Title IV), Grants Current Restricted, Loan, Agency, Endowment Funds and the College Foundation with special emphasis on computerized financial systems and internal control processes. The Manager, Accounting - Special Funds assists the Director with regulatory compliance associated with certain financial aid programs and grant-funded activity, ensuring the accuracy of certain financial transactions, maintaining the integrity of financial records and reports, performing and overseeing general ledger account analysis, and participating in the preparation of certain monthly and year-end financial reports. This position works closely with departments such as the Office of Institutional Advancement, Financial Aid, Bursar, Human Resources, and other key program staff responsible for managing grants.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of four (4) years experience in accounting, finance (financial analysis and financial management), and/or other directly relevant experience required.
• Strong problem-solving and communication skills required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office 360 and enterprise-level software systems required.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently under tight deadlines and changing priorities required.
• Skill and diplomacy in meeting and dealing with a variety of constituents, both internal and external required.
• Ability to deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.
• Experience in not-for-profit accounting preferred.
• Banner, Argos, and Tableau experience preferred.
• Work experience within a higher education environment preferred.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Financial Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia